Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The huge thread on oil extractor pumps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

maryishere wrote: »
    there was a survey recently which found that 85% of the stuff in the centre aisles in lidl is in the bin / a dump within 3 months of purchase.

Link to the survey? (which I would be inclined to believe doesn't exist and was never carried out anywhere, ever)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

maryishere wrote: »
    there was a survey recently which found that 85% of the stuff in the centre aisles in lidl is in the bin / a dump within 3 months of purchase.

Cannot find evidence of this survey anywhere online. Did you just make that up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

zarquon wrote: »
    Cannot find evidence of this survey anywhere online. Did you just make that up?

Thorntons.ie.

That or they had a look in my shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Thorntons.ie.

That or they had a look in my shed.

That cracked me up, your on a roll tonight with this and the tool thread comment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

which side is the suction end?
    Looks like the end with the nozzle is meant to be? but it looks like the fatter tube, Id have thought the narrower tube was the suction side.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭cletus

1.5 litres a min for diesel/ petrol

I stand corrected

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

What's it like for normal car hoovering?
    No idea, a friend bought it then lost all the bits before I borrowed it so I haven't tried it for that, but judging by the wet performance I imagine it won't be too bad.
    cerastes wrote: »
    which side is the suction end?
    Looks like the end with the nozzle is meant to be? but it looks like the fatter tube, Id have thought the narrower tube was the suction side.
    The narrower tube is the suction side, and it's the only one that will fit down the dip tube anyway (see the inset photo).

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jar18

for atlantic dawn, if you make a few v shaped notches at the bottom of the pipe it wont totally rest on the base of sump and lose suction.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,206 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I know this is an old thread, but Lidl have one on Thur next 20/03 for €18.

Someone on the newer thread said it looks very similar and same specs as this Mannesman one from Conrad for €30.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Was changing my oil last week outside the house and some bloke walking past started into a conversation about one of these pumps..

Said he got one for about 30quid.. didnt say where.. Said it was the business...

lidl in a few days :

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/SID-900B02F1-1DFD2889/www_lidl_ie/hs.xsl/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=3694

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

gctest50 wrote: »

0.2 litres a minute. 20 minutes to get out the old oil when doing an oilchange. No thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Avns1s wrote: »
    0.2 litres a minute. 20 minutes to get out the old oil when doing an oilchange. No thanks!

You can make Kruemeltorte-mit-Kirsch while you wait 15 mins :

http://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/218401091015142/Kruemeltorte-mit-Kirsch-Quarkfuellung.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭corks finest

sealey,on amazon around e 49/55 delivered to your door,at least mine was last yr,never looked back,easy/clean to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Has anybody ever bought the car seats before? Would they be any good for a 2004 Micra?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/SID-A33A5596-9B91D557/www_lidl_ie/hs.xsl/Offers.htm?id=105

Anyone spot anything there worth getting ? in need of a trolly jack just wondering are they any good :) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

That heavy duty hand cleaner is excellent.

Might try it out :) any of the sprays good ? ( engine cleaner , window , alloy , cockpit etc )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

engine cleaner is like white spirits. OK for light stuff. Didn't try the others.

cant see the car polish being much good anyone risk using it or is it waste time ?, brake cleaner seems ok though ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭livingthedream

Interslice wrote: »
    That heavy duty hand cleaner is excellent.

No need...

Empty tablespoon of sugar onto palm of one hand.
    Squirt some washing up liquid onto same hand.
    Add tiny bit of water too (optional)

Rub hands together. Sugar does the scrubbing that the aggregate in the hand cleaners do and washing up liquid helps remove the oily stains...

Rinse and repeat if necessary..

~LTD.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

No need...

Empty tablespoon of sugar onto palm of one hand.
    Squirt some washing up liquid onto same hand.
    Add tiny bit of water too (optional)

Rub hands together. Sugar does the scrubbing that the aggregate in the hand cleaners do and washing up liquid helps remove the oily stains...

Rinse and repeat if necessary..

~LTD.

But I'm off sweets for lent !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

The torches are good. I keep the blue one in the boot for emergencies and the little one is brill for walking on dark roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Might try it out :) any of the sprays good ? ( engine cleaner , window , alloy , cockpit etc )

I find the alloy wheel cleaner good for removing 'caked on' brake dust. Spray on before washing and leave for around 2 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

Anyone else go to get the suction pump and they never got it in to the shops?

Worker there said they might have them tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

BillJ wrote: »

I went early, when I left it to go later on when the handheld temp sensor was for sale, they were all gone, so first or so in the door this time.

Im overdue a service and Im hoping it will save me some hassle taking off the tray underneath. But they were for sale today. Does happen sometimes, where a branch doesnt have whats meant to be in on the day its advertised.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

BillJ wrote: »

Letterkenny got them but sold out of them first thing after opening. The manager told me they got 24 of them bad they were queuing for them at opening time.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

That's annoying, he said they just didn't come in not that they sold out.

Will have to keep an eye out, anyone that sees them in cork pop it in here!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

pudzey101 wrote: »

Just to say, in my experience disassembling two badly maintained (and never cleaned) 13 year old Freelander engines, this engine cleaner blows most of the others I've tried away once you spray liberally. Whatever's in it, it eats through surface oil etc... but it also seems to loosen even deeply ingrained dirt (my dad thought I had bought a new reconditioned gearbox when he saw it first - all I had done was use a can and a half of that engine cleaner then run a steam cleaner quickly over it - steam cleaning and other engine cleaners didn't seem to do much by themselves).

I was so disappointed last time the car stuff came up and this wasn't there. I'll be stocking up this time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

slimjimmc wrote: »

Why not just stack them on the floor? I don't understand the point of this...

Advertisement