Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Book Swap

Options
  • 10-02-2010 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭

We all have mountains of books out there, I for one don't mind buying books online as they are relatively cheap but I have loads of books that I'm sure people would be interested in and vise verse.
    Maybe we could use this thread for people to post some books that they are looking for and see if anyone can help out. The P&P part could be done in either a : I owe you a book or maybe (Boards mods approval) Paypal gift.
    What d'y'all think?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

www.bookmooch.com

Pretty much the same idea. Just make other boardsies your friend and you're on a winner (Myself and Eliot use it)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

Hey buck!!

If you want to set up a BookMooch account I can PM you my profile. However before you get your hopes up, I must stress that the books I put up there are strictly ones I don't want. They're usually failed presents or leftovers from my other reading tastes in my teens. Denerick has much the same philosophy too. It means that your unlikely to find something you want.

But of course, there are tens of thousands of other people joined it and they're bound to have something you like! The condition of the books are good to very good, in my general experience. Ive gotten a few books off of people and noticed no perceptible difference between the book I got and the same book Ive seen in the bookshop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Ok Eliot, send it on. I joined yesterday but it looks like work with all the points and stuff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

I use this too. I have got rid of a lot of books on it and found the odd one I wanted. I have lots of books on my wishlist that I know I'll never get through the site, but you never know. I use it more for getting rid of books and the odd time I'll just browse and see what's there (especially in Ireland as it 'costs' less in points) and request. Also handy for getting books you want to read but don't really want to buy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Maybe all the boards users should be friends? Its easier and cheaper to mooch books from the same country, and there aren't that many Irish users on it... Just throwing it out there...

• Advertisement
Advertisement