Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHV

Options
  • 10-02-2010 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi

Anyone know if you have to book a return ticket if you have a one year working visa. The company that i will be working for will sponser me after that, so I really only need a one way.

Also any ideas on how/where to book cheap flights to Perth?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

you can book a one-way flight. the only thing thing they may ask for is if you have enough funds for a flight home if you need to return home.
    I booked my flights with trailfinders. They seemed to be the cheapest when I booked mine. You can google it to try to compare prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭JohnThomas09

twinkl wrote: »
    Hi

Anyone know if you have to book a return ticket if you have a one year working visa. The company that i will be working for will sponser me after that, so I really only need a one way.

Also any ideas on how/where to book cheap flights to Perth?

I booked my flight to Perth yesterday through www.australianholidays.ie ,it cost me 730 euro return.they have a sale on(finishes today).
    It would be cheaper to buy a return ticket and just dont show up for the return flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭RedNiamhy

Air Asia fly to Perth and I flew with them. I am here on a WHV with a one way flight. As Aido79 said earlier, you just need to be able to prove you have the funds to purchase a flight home but the chances of them asking you about this are slim.

I flew from Dublin - London with Ryanair and had 3 hours in London before I flew with Air Asia to Kuala Lumpar. I then had 2.5 hours in KL and flew with Air Asia again to Perth. It was 24 hours approximately and as with Ryanair baggage is extra. So including the 3 flights, 1 x 20kg suitcase, a large carry on bag, my meals on the Air Asia flights, a comfort pack (Travel pillow, eyemask and blanket) on both AA flights, and paying the extra to reserve good seats (emergency exit window seats) on both AA flights, the total was just less than E420. I left Ireland on Thursday evening and arrived in Perth Saturday morning.

The staff on the Air Asia flight were helpful and friendly. The seats were comfortable but maybe not as spacious as other carriers - but the emergency exit seats have plenty of room. The only extra payable was for inflight entertainment - ie portable media player with films, tv shows etc and I think this was approx E6 per flight.

I did have to collect my bags at both London and KL and check in again but I had plenty of time to do this as well as get a drink, duty free and stretch the legs at both stopovers.

I hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 twinkl

Hey

Thanks for all the replies. Some excellent deals!! I just got my job offer this mornign so i better start booking flights and filling out the WHV application.

Has anyone got any experience of applying for a Defacto Visa. I am going out on a WHV but plan to apply for Defacto as my partner has a 457 visa

Advertisement