Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITB Student Union Information, Useful Info & FAQ

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Folks, feel free to post any useful info or links (not society or club related as there's a seperate thread for that) that you think will aid students and I'll edit it and throw it into the main post.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭dueyfinster

Main Twitter Account: @itbsu and @itbforum (feed from here), facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=139258986118813

(oh one more thing, BrendanL is admin now, so you can remove (me) tage above also :D )

I forgot to mention also, we've had IRC channel for years.

Webchat (in College): https://webchat.freenode.net/?nick=itbsu-webchat.&channels=itbsu&uio=d4

IRC Link (Client at home): [URL="irc://chat.freenode.net/itbsu"]irc://chat.freenode.net/itbsu[/URL]

I thought maybe we could post announcements here too, and people could subscribe? I was thinking maybe posting sports results too (ones Ronan sends around).

Anyway here's the first one:
    Just a reminder that Java City will be closed this Monday 28th for a number of hours due to the visit of the President.
    It will open back up at some point in the day, but there has been no time been arranged at the moment.

I'll have to bring my own coffee so :eek:

Posted this in another thread, would probably more useful in sticky here:

Examination Info

• Advertisement

Easter 2011 Library opening Hours
    Monday 18th and Tuesday 19th April
    9.15am to 8pm
    Wednesday 20th April
    Closed - staff training
    Thursday 21st April
    9.15am to 1pm
    Friday 22nd to Tuesday 26th April (inclusive)
    Closed
    Wednesday 27th and Thursday 28th April
    9.15am to 8pm
    Friday 29th April
    9.15am to 5pm
    Monday 2nd May
    Closed
    Tuesday 3rd May
    Normal term-time hours resume

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

FAQ.

Is ITB any fun?
    This question is asked repeatedly here by CAO candidates.
    "College is what you make of it".
    ITB has people who party hard. It has boring people. Same as any other college.
    There are lots of clubs & socs which do their best to make things fun and give students something to do outside of classes. I'd suggest that every student join at least one.

Bear in mind that the college is smaller than most, and as such events will reflect that. However there is usually plenty of socials during the year.

Click me for ITB's parking FAQ

ITB Gym.

It's free, it's small, and it does the job. Decent enough equipment and they've tried to fit as much as they could in. You just need to fill out a form in the sports office before you use it. Lockers can be located in the changing rooms, as can showers.

The Canteen (C Block)

The canteen in ITB is what you'd expect. There's hot and cold food prepared. Breakfasts, lunch and dinner. It also has a deli.. Some good student offers, sandwiches are cheap enough, dinners costs around 5/6 euro. Some meals are nice, others not so nice. You'll learn which is which. There is also the coffee station in the common room who do sandwiches, soup and lovely mocha!

This FAQ should (and will be) added to. If you would like to add to this FAQ, send me a PM and I'll stick it in.

Advertisement