Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Reg office

Options
  • 10-02-2010 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

Hi all, does anyone know where abouts in the city the Vehicle Registration Office is. I got an address of Geata na Cathrach, Fairgreen,.Galway but not sure where abouts that is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭BobMcBob

Had the same problem last week.
    The office is opposite the Raddison Hotel, beside the Bus station.

Google Maps has quite caught onto Irish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭unJustMary

Beside the coach station? (bus station = Bus Eireann's operation in Ceannt Station)

I guess this is different to the motor-tax office, then.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

Bumping this, have to go in tomorrow during work hours and dont wanna waste time looking round the place.

Can anyone be more specific as to the location of the VRO?

Thanks again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

connollys wrote: »
    Bumping this, have to go in tomorrow during work hours and dont wanna waste time looking round the place.
    Can anyone be more specific as to the location of the VRO?
    Thanks again.

Find their phone number (I hear google is good at this), then use it to induce communication with them (you will need a telephone) and ask the magic question "Where exactly are your offices located?"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

It's opposite the entrance to the Radisson as has already been mentioned... how much frickin' clearer can one be? :confused:

• Advertisement

JohnCleary wrote: »
    It's opposite the entrance to the Radisson as has already been mentioned... how much frickin' clearer can one be? :confused:

:rolleyes:

It's one of the two offices marked on this map.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=53.27476,-9.04413&spn=0.003336,0.011019&z=17&msid=105829947892211882597.00047fa3f833420a7ae8c

I believe that there are revenue staff in both of them, not sure what departments are in which, though. Hopefully someone can clarify red vs blue pin.

And in case you need it, info about carparking buildings in the city is on this page).

Update: I went for a walk up there tonight. It's the blue marker. Looks like Revenue have either moved out of Fairgreen House (red marker), or where never there at all.

Advertisement