Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal gun dealers

Options
  • 10-02-2010 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Has anybody any idea where to find a dealer in Donegal with a good stock of 2nd hand rifles, Looking for somthing not too expensive with a synthetic stock and stainless barrel around the .22magnum or hornet.
    Would this calibre be any good for deer at close range (approx 100yds) as the feckers have me tortured.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Darr

I think that a .222 is the min required for deer in Ireland , but Im sure that some one will be a long to correct what is probably wrong ..

but the reason I was going to reply to this is why dont you post it in the hunting sections , lots of fellas there with pleanty of experance and the firearms to go with them . could reduce your proablem for you I sure .

Darr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

its illegal to shoot deer with any rimfire rifle not sure what the minimum calibre is. you also have to apply for a licence to shoot deer, there might be someone on here that could take care of them for you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

22.250 is minimum but depending on the type of deer you may need smth more like .243 or smth along that line. Deer with a rimfire, the old days;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Irish Springer

Only dealers i know that might have what your looking for are John Mc Crossan in Letterkenny, Eugene Mc Cusker in Lifford and Arthur Morrow in Mountcharles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

check out this boards.ie wiki (a couple of Donegal RFD's listed):
    http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Gun_Dealers

Hope that's of some help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement