Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton VS Chelsea .. 10/02/10

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

I think Everton have come of age now under Moyes... signing donovan was an inspired signing, cant believe no clubs snapped him up, he is like a terrier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Yep, script playing out nicely, all following a formula this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Did Ancelotti give an interview after this match? I can only see one with Ray Wilkins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

I think Everton have come of age now under Moyes... signing donovan was an inspired signing, cant believe no clubs snapped him up, he is like a terrier

He certainly did a job on Cole. Preview of the USA-Engerland match in June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

I would have thought he would be way out of his depth in the premiership. My only basis is that he is hyped in america and he got no games in germany to be honest. He looks so comfortable and confident in the premiership though, I have been impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Jesus, we need to sort out are away form. Louis Haha dominated us and Everton fully deserved there win.

Cracking atmostphere from our fans last night, must say Everton fans were very poor, quiet for most of the game. Chang beer isn't the worst. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

EI111 wrote: »
    I would have thought he would be way out of his depth in the premiership. My only basis is that he is hyped in america and he got no games in germany to be honest. He looks so comfortable and confident in the premiership though, I have been impressed.

Being in the US, I've watched him for years. Always knew he had the ability to do it but there seemed to be a mental block with him in regards to stepping it up in a foreign league. But I think his performances in the Confed Cup last year against Italy, Spain and Brazil made him realise he can do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Johner wrote: »
    Jesus, we need to sort out are away form. Louis Haha dominated us and Everton fully deserved there win.

Cracking atmostphere from our fans last night, must say Everton fans were very poor, quiet for most of the game. Chang beer isn't the worst. :)

Watching it on TV the noise in the place was deafening.... Did you have ear-plugs in? Evertonians were lifting the roof off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Watching it on TV the noise in the place was deafening.... Did you have ear-plugs in? Evertonians were lifting the roof off!

Yes when they scored. I think it took 30 minutes for the first chant of Everton too be sang and that was it for the first half, about two more chants of Everton in the second half and that was it. Out of all the away games I've been to this season Everton's support was the worst. That's my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Johner wrote: »
    Yes when they scored. I think it took 30 minutes for the first chant of Everton too be sang and that was it for the first half, about two more chants of Everton in the second half and that was it. Out of all the away games I've been to this season Everton's support was the worst. That's my opinion.

Didn't manage to see the game, but you're probably right, Goodison is poor a lot of the time. No doubt the place can be rocking given the occasion, I was there for the City game and the place was mental, but the atmosphere is frequently not all that great.

I recall being at AEK at home earlier this season, and even when we were 4-0 up their 500 fans were outsinging us (I say "us", although I wasn't singing). They were sick of what was happening on the pitch, so they just turned their back to it and kept singing, a real soft spot for AEK now after that :cool:

Advertisement