Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jodphurs / Breeches

Options
  • 10-02-2010 3:12pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Silly question but is there a difference between men and women's jodphurs?

i bought a new pair of breeches and the first day i wore them 2 of the buttons on the pockets fell out so i returned them. The vendor had no problem in replacing them and gave me a new pair. i didn't check them but when i went to put them on to go hunting a few days later i noticed on the tag it said "ladies" (I'm a bloke BTW!) I wore them anyway and will continue to as i'm not bring them back again but they felt a little different than the first pair.
    i also need a new white pair for hunting and was looking online for a cheap pair as they won't be used that often and 99% are ladies and are a hell of a lot cheaper than mens.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Could be wrong but Breeches (mine anyway) have a baggy fit, not fall off you or LA rapper style

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

As far as I know, there is no big difference between mens and womens. I haven't found any anyway. I could be wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

I think the cut is a bit different to account for the different body shapes, and men's ones are a bit more generous in the crotch area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Shires saddlehuggers preformance breeches are the best for hunting. Tough enough to withstand briars, etc., and really good fitting.
    A lot of equestrian stores here sell them.

http://www.shiresequestrian.co.uk/shop/home.php?cat=645

Advertisement