Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

small gas canisters problem

Options
  • 10-02-2010 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

i thought the airsoft lads may have the best answer for this. i aquired some small CO2 gas canisters to power my airfun recently. my freind had them stored out in the cold and when i fitted the two canisters into the chamber and locked it and fired gas expelled from between the stock and the cmaber and it all rushed out. on checking the canisters they were empty and freezing cold.

basically have i blown a hole somewhere in mt airgun or is there too much pressure in these canisters when they have been stored in a freezing shed for a few months?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

It's heat that'd cause more pressure, not cold. I'd say the problem is unlikely to be on the canister end, anyway. The rushing out of gas tends to have a cooling effect that's probably why the canisters were cold when you examined them after the fact; I'm not sure about the physics behind that one but it's not shed-related. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

You'll probably get hopped on for looking for airgun help here but its likely you've a dodgey valve. it could be stuck open.,. you usually wouldnt require new parts for this, its probably fixable with a bit of maintenance.

The lads over here might be able to aid you further.,
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=466

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Moved to shooting

Advertisement