Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearwire Wireless Router

Options
  • 10-02-2010 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, i've been with ClearWire for about 2 years and its never let me down!

I've been using it 'wired' and now want to convert to 'wireless'. They are offering me a Wireless Router for 90 euro!! I see a NetGear one on pixmania.ie for 30 euro. Does anyone know if this will do? Or what exact one is been sold by ClearWire that i could source cheaper? Thanks,

FB

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

What you need is what is commonly known as a 'cable' router - it doesnt matter that in your case you are not on cable - the main thing is that there is not a dsl modem built in.

The linksys wrt54gl is often recommended on here and I see pixmania have it for 49 euros. You could also do a bit of future proofing and get an 'n' one but they are likely to be more expensive.

Advertisement