Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon tournament!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭rockmongrel

Every time I throw a master ball, I still feel like there's a chance the Pokémon will break free. haha
    And with multiple legendaries it's so hard to decide who to use it on.
    Pesky fecking master ball...

Gone are the days of just using it on a level 70 Mewtwo :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Gone are the days of just using it on a level 70 Mewtwo :pac:

Them's were simpler times. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I would agree with not using legendaries for the reasons stated above, it's standard practice.

My understanding was that the Pokemon are generally divided into tiers (Uber, Over Used, Under Used, Never Used etc.) for competitive battling like on Smogon, based on combined stats and tested battle performance.

Why not ban the Ubers from the list I linked to and make the rest fair game? That removes the overpowered ones while still allowing the likes of the lake trio and some of the other, weaker, legendaries to be used. (sidenote: who'd have thought Wynaut would be an Uber!)

I have a level 100 team in Platinum that I'd love to try out in battle but my wireless router isn't set up to work with my DS and it's a lot of hassle to switch it over all the time. It'd be much easier for me to battle through Pokemon Battle Revolution but I'm probably one of the few people who has it (it's rubbush).

If we're going to start banning Pokémon that can be caught ad trained up by any one, that aren't legendaries as well, this is just going to end up messy.

Wobbuffet?
    Seriously?
    And Dragonite isn't in the ubers, when Garchomp is?

I don't think that website is much to go by, tbh.

CianRyan wrote: »
    Wobbuffet?
    Seriously?

It's to do with the combination of Shadow Tag and Encore making it very easy for Wobbuffet to take down multiple opponents as far as I remember. I'm sure they have good reasons for the classification of each Pokemon.

That website was just one example anyway, I'm sure there are plenty more out there and we can always come up with our own rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

The Smogon tiering system is very flawed and broken. Having Garchomp as an uber makes no sense. Just because it's a readily available pseudo-legnedary with a great movepool doesn't make it OP.

But banning Wynaut and Wobbuffet is almost a duh-duh move. Especially since they have Shadow Tag, which prevents switching out, forcing you to battle your way through it. And if you can't take it out in one, well you know what's going to happen.

Garchomp isn't an uber, its in the overused category :cool:

I think I'm just annoyed because Garchomp is one of my most powerful Pokémon. haha

My Dragonair is close to evolution too, I can't wait! :D
    Expect quite a few dragons from me.

Garchomp isn't an uber, its in the overused category :cool:

Check again: http://www.smogon.com/dp/tiers/uber

• Advertisement

Well, they were posted back in '07, so I presume there's been other significant changes in the tiering list since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

We could just make up our own list of dis-allowed pokémon.

We could just make up our own list of dis-allowed pokémon.

I still don't think we should disallow any Pokémon, more so make them frowned upon.
    If both people battling are into using legendaries, then what's the problem?

"CianRyan sent out: Level 9123123 Arceus"

For shame Cian, for shame. *Shakes head disapprovingly*

Haha, I just don't like the totalitarian attitude being taken with this.

And yes, I am a stubborn, persistent little fúck, I know and apologise. haha:rolleyes:

Nah It's ok :)

Hows about this then: We use the auto level thing to make the pokémon all the same level, allowing 1 legendary on your team and for the remaining 5, whatever else you want.

That sounds perfectly fair to me.
    I'll resist from using the super powers as well.:P

My view on this is really just to be a casual battle between people who are now bored with the game after completing the majority of the story. While I'd prefer not to be battling a purpose-built-for-competitive-battling-team-of-uber-legendaries, I don't have anything wrong with one or two...

TheChrisD wrote: »
    My view on this is really just to be a casual battle between people who are now bored with the game after completing the majority of the story. While I'd prefer not to be battling a purpose-built-for-competitive-battling-team-of-uber-legendaries, I don't have anything wrong with one or two...

Yeah things probably were getting a bit out of hand there. So long as no one ends up complaining that they lost because someone else was using legendaries it shouldn't be a problem to keep them in if that's what people want.

Advertisement