Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place to watch football tonight?

Options
  • 10-02-2010 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I know the cheapest pint etc....... has been done to death.

I have a few friends who would need to see the football tonight in a bar with a big screen due to sight difficulties.
    Can anyone recommend somewhere in the city centre we could go.
    Also if there was somewhere which had the above but did €4ish pints for me due to lack of funds ;).

Might aswell hit two nails.......

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Hi Guys,

I know the cehapest pint etc. has been done to death.

I have a few friends who would need to see the football tonight in a bar with a big screen due to sight difficulties.
    Can anyone recommend somewhere in the city centre we could go.
    Also if there was somewhere which had the above but did €4ish pints for me due to lack of funds ;).

Might aswell hit two nails.......

Thanks in advance.

which match?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭git_ireland

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    which match?

Well either Liverpool & Arsenal or Man Utd & Villa.

Supporters of Liverpool and Utd. Either one will do them, there not overly fussy which just needs to have a good size screen for them to be able to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Q-Bar has a projector afaik, or last time I passed it. Haven't been in a pub in years to watch a football match so don't know where else does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Go to the pub on Cathal Brugha Street, it will show both matches, and has big screens.

Avoid Synnotts at all costs.

Q-Bar has a projector afaik, or last time I passed it. Haven't been in a pub in years to watch a football match so don't know where else does.
    Never thought of Q Bar but cant imagine a big screen working in there, thanks.
    Des wrote: »
    Go to the pub on Cathal Brugha Street, it will show both matches, and has big screens.

Avoid Synnotts at all costs.

Thats the Living Room on Cathal Brugha Street, not a bad spot, thats where I went the last time with tis group the unfortunate thing s that we couldn get a seat inside once Man Utd were playing. They have a load of foreign support in that area.

Thanks for the input guys if anyone can think of abywhere else I'd appreciate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

The Woolshed on Parnell st. will probably have both matches on,ususally a great atmosphere in there for games.

lord lucan wrote: »
    The Woolshed on Parnell st. will probably have both matches on,ususally a great atmosphere in there for games.

Bingo... I totally forgot about their big screen on the stairs.

Cheers Lord Lucan

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DecentBee

Thats the Living Room on Cathal Brugha Street, not a bad spot, thats where I went the last time with tis group the unfortunate thing s that we couldn get a seat inside once Man Utd were playing. They have a load of foreign support in that area.

Unlike youse local Manchester lads, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

DecentBee wrote: »
    Unlike youse local Manchester lads, right?

I held back, but someone else would have to bite.:D

Advertisement