Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 8 - Time to Gloat

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

YYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! Moved up one place on the promotion tables and i know have a bot in my qualifier!! You little f***in' beauty!!

III.2 for The Gnomes next season!!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

your leaving IV.8?

Its the league I am being promoted to at the moment..

Sure am mate ye. Just won the final there and have my qualifier on Wednesday. Its a handy league to be in so you should be pushing for promotion to div3 next season!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

JohnButler wrote: »
    YYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! Moved up one place on the promotion tables and i know have a bot in my qualifier!! You little f***in' beauty!!

III.2 for The Gnomes next season!!
    Good for you, looks a picnic compared to III.3

Bloody hell, spent some of my winnings on upgrading my training facilities to level 3...

Won't be finished until July 3rd...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Do we not get any attendance money for home play-off matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wylie Luke

No Orizio, 'The Man' looks after all finances for the playoffs

"NOTE: All finances for playoff matches are handled by competition organisers. This means that neither of the clubs participating in a playoff match will see either expenses or revenues for a playoff match."

tis a bit **** though cos I had 2 full houses :(

Hey Satory, I've just done the exact same thing, and hires level 3 Attack and Defense coaches as well, straight back in the red but hopefully with new sponsors and bigger main sponsor it'll be back in the black after a week or two!

Where are you with your YA? will be interesting to watch the 2 clubs grow!!!

It should be at 5 star when the new season starts... Was never really paying attention to the YA before, only used it to promote and fill up the numbers on my 2nd 15

Got 182,000ish left in the bank, just toying around with the stadium calc to see how a larger one would benefit me, though may throw it back into coaches, etc

I'm the same with YA, 4 or 5 stars and growing, I see it as the only long term solution to pulling 3k/4k Kids as I've done all season!

In my second week of playing I incresed my stadium by about 70 - without reading up on it or realising how ridiculous that was (and expensive at abround 200k!) and haven't filled it yet so will def leave that on the back-burner for now, my members are "Thrilled" at the moment (TBH I thought they'd be even happier) but I'd be happy with a nice steady growth of c15 members a week and maybe look at stadium next season!

Still can't work out which Div IV I'm going to though, I dunno how that works!

If I fully understand it, as since your over the auto promote line, your going to fall into IV.26

• Advertisement

Cheers, I get it now! Looks like 1 team and a bunch of bots! not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, a season developing and training hard v pretty boring every week, still, it'll be a welcome break, it's been a whirlwind couple of weeks gettin to the top of v102 and took 3 casualties this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Ah sure feck it... I didn't realise that your margin in the play-offs counts towards your promotion. Ended in 4th place... so no joy of league 7, but I do have the company of Geraldine RFC.

Munster MKII are heading to 10.

Kilsough South Warriors heading to 7 (jealous)

Tournalfulla headin' to 16

Anybody getting relegated in boards-town?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Fewcifur wrote: »

Anybody getting relegated in boards-town?

Nah we're all too good for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Nah we're all too good for that

Another season or two and we all will be starting to fill up the leagues against each other in div II and III (and a few in Div I):D

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Ah sure feck it... I didn't realise that your margin in the play-offs counts towards your promotion.

Tournalfulla headin' to 16
    Neither did I. Tournafulla crept over the autopromote line on points difference during the final :D
    eoferrall wrote: »
    Another season or two and we all will be starting to fill up the leagues against each other in div II and III (and a few in Div I):D
    Indeed. I reckon div II is achievable in season 10, and I think a few of you could be there ahead of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Damn my Complacency.... :(

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Damn my Complacency.... :(

Voodoo what happened? I was sure i was going to be meeting you in the final!

I want you to win that league next season d'ya hear me?

I think that was my problem. I thought i had the semi won before it even started, so didnt take it too seriously. Annoyingly enough though, everyone of my players out-performed his opposite number, Guess i just got tactics wrong.

Although i did notice that the Feral southerners guy has 6 or 7 30k + CSR players which he did'nt have during the regular season.

Ah well, I'm guessing it'll be a 2/3 horse race depending who gets promoted/demoted. So i should make the playoffs regardless due to the amount of Bots in the league.

Fingers crossed it'll all come together this season, all new training facilities and coaches, stadium expansion complete, and a few decent young players ( although i cant seem to find the right position for one of two of them... )

Congrats anyway John, Would have liked to have played you in the final, but sure what can you do. I'd be more than happy for a friendly or 2 next season, thats if you still want to mix with Div IV Rifff-Raff :P

Which team are you Voodoo? Should be moving into that league next year, and will be looking for at least 4th in my first season...

I'm Monkstwon Rfc.

You'll defo finish in the top four, barring some sort of major F-Up.

I'm hoping to have the squad to take me up this coming season, but, i'm no longer making assumptions until it's over, and i'm going to have to be cautious of the Feral Southeners now, it looks like they are making a move to try and go up this season too...

Looking forward to playing you though.

• Advertisement

Ye i reckon too that those Feral Suffeners will be pushing for promotion next season too. They were pretty strong in our final match and surprised me greatly.

But you will have plenty in the tank for 'em, so give 'em hell!

My money is on you for the crown this coming season and i will look forward to seeing you in Div3 the following one.

woot
    these two have reached 200k between them with half an hour left on the clock.
    http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=8393571
    http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=8373019

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Eoin dislikes this!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.lobby.php?id=22095#page=summary&id=22095

What an odd team! he has two quite high CSR players. The rest <10k CSR.

And looking at his transfer history he has been doing it for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

crisco10 wrote: »
    http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.lobby.php?id=22095#page=summary&id=22095

What an odd team! he has two quite high CSR players. The rest <10k CSR.

And looking at his transfer history he has been doing it for years.

It's a farm team.

The team is only used to train international prospects.

jprender wrote: »
    It's a farm team.

The team is only used to train international prospects.

I understand if they were Romanians, but why train French/Welsh etc internationals?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

crisco10 wrote: »
    I understand if they were Romanians, but why train French/Welsh etc internationals?

He has only got a romanian player there at the moment but I don't doubt that he has had other Nationalities also.

Here is how he works it :-

As a farm team he will probably have level 5 trainers and facilities. That stuff costs a bomb and he has to pay for it somehow.

So, he will have a core Romanian player that he will train for the U20 or full international side. He will then train other players (as he has 30 slots) and sell them on the TM for the money that he needs to keep his training facilities going. The nationality of these other players doesn't matter as it is only a means of making money.

Rinse and repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

The manager of the Rabbitohs does the same thing for us. He has 2 amazing Irish U-20 players.

I love transfer silly season. Just logged on and saw a flurry of mails regarding my sale of a 12k CSR player. Quite the bidding war developed and ending up getting $33k for him! I was going to fire him, he was more than a bit useless.

• Advertisement
Advertisement