Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloading games

Options
  • 10-02-2010 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

I'm about to download my first game, I got a free voucher for avatar but I want to know can I download it on one PC, just put the file on a DVD and take it to my home PC or do I need to download it on the PC I'll be playing on?

The voucher is for gamesplanet.com it seems like a straightforward download.
    My PC connection at home is dodgey and I'd like to download it over a better connection.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

ScumLord wrote: »
    I'm about to download my first game, I got a free voucher for avatar but I want to know can I download it on one PC, just put the file on a DVD and take it to my home PC or do I need to download it on the PC I'll be playing on?

The voucher is for gamesplanet.com it seems like a straightforward download.
    My PC connection at home is dodgey and I'd like to download it over a better connection.

you can put it on a DVD/Back it up onto a hard drive no problem. As long as it fits on them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

That's my questions answered, cheers. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 paddy-cork

hay,, does anybody know any good sites for downloading games?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

paddy-cork wrote: »

www.steampowered.com
    www.direct2drive.com
    www.gametap.com

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

paddy-cork wrote: »

Yeah, its called Xbox Live games on demand. They're cheaper in the shops though.:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement