Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

playing bioshock 1

• 10-02-2010 5:36pm

I bought this game and have being playing on medium difficulty on up til the point of the first couple of big daddies.
    I'm finding it annoying that you don't have much ammunition and that you die pretty easily so there's a lot of dying and restarting from vita chambers. Maybe it's just better to play on easy and just not die as much?
    What do people who have played it think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I dont use the vita chambers, when I die, id usually reload. You just have to remember that its not your usual FPS, you have to think outside the box sometimes, dont go all guns ablazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

perhaps play it on easy. Its a long time since I played it so I cant remember what I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

thorbarry wrote: »
    You just have to remember that its not your usual FPS, you have to think outside the box sometimes, dont go all guns ablazing

+1 - there are many "tricks" you can use to even the fight a bit more, e.g. find a nearby gun or rocket turret, hack it to be on your side, then attack the Big Daddies and lure them back to where the turret(s) are (you can do the same with cameras as well to get them to send bots out). In other cases, you can use enemies against eachother, etc but yeah, there are a few creative ways to take care of them even if you are lacking ammo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

When all else fails use a rocket launcher

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

A good tactic for Big Daddies I find is to lay 4 or 5 proximity mines in a row in a narrow corridor between you and him, followed by a single gunshot to make him angry. Should be easy enough to finish him of by the time he get to you :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I bought this game and have being playing on medium difficulty on up til the point of the first couple of big daddies.
    I'm finding it annoying that you don't have much ammunition and that you die pretty easily so there's a lot of dying and restarting from vita chambers. Maybe it's just better to play on easy and just not die as much?
    What do people who have played it think?

OP that's exactly what i did - moved the difficulty and it enjoyed it MUCH more. It was far more enjoyable to not worry about ammo and appreciate the game world instead, one of best crafted game settings in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Jeez, it's not that hard, is it? I've never played it but I've bought 1 and 2 for PC so I plan on getting to them at some stage :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

What is hilarious is the last boss fight.

I had been very cautious with my use of ammo over the course of the game and by the time the end of the game came I had a huge arsenal for the final boss.

Been tryin to remember but effective combinations of the plasmids and weapons together help a lot.

Jeez, it's not that hard, is it? I've never played it but I've bought 1 and 2 for PC so I plan on getting to them at some stage :p

well it's going to be easier on a pc with a mouse for aiming rather than a 360 controller...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,312 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The game isn't difficult at all. You shouldn't go in all guns blazing and unnecessarily wasting ammo. I did that quite a bit when I went to replay it a few weeks ago and it didn't work well.

You have lightning bolts coming out of your hands and a one hit kill wrench when you're out of ammo so all isn't lost.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I was in the same boat as the OP when I first played it and ended up just dropping the difficulty to easy. I guess it kind of ruins the experience a little because you can just run through it with guns blazing like any other FPS out there, instead of having to be a bit tactical, but I still enjoyed it immensely...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MangledRex

hmm i didn't have problems with the first one from what i remember...but I'm having them with the second..bah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

The lazy mans way is also to remember, that although you died, the Big Daddy did not - so he's still carrying the damage that you doled out before. Try, try again, and eventually you'll clobber him. That's all that worked for me on the first playthrough when I enencountered the first Big Daddy, at least until I got my plasmids and arsenal in gear :)

Advertisement