Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Romantic Dublin!

Options
  • 10-02-2010 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Ok guys just wondering coming up to valentines where is the most romantic place in dublin and thats not going for dinner. But a romantic place in general.

Cheers.

Comments

National Concert Hall?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Shaniev

I am more an less on about outside stuff. Which I should have stated sorry! I am just after moving to Dublin not so long ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

A picnic in Ivegah gardens followed by a trip to St.Valentines Shrine. Then a drink cuddled up by the fire in The library bar in the Central hotel.

Edit: Doh,I just realised I tottally didnt answer your question!
    I think the Rose Garden in Iveagh Gardens is really romantic. The gothic statues,fountains and ancient tree's always makes me think it would be the perfect settting for an illicit lovers hideaway in the city centre.
    I also think Dun Laoighaire pier can be very romantic at nightime

The National Concert Hall?? Really wouldnt ignite my romantic passions anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

There is a beautiful roof garden on the Chester Beatty Library in Dublin Castle. I think it's a Zen garden, in that it's got a bit of gravel and not a huge number of plants, but it's a very quiet and elegant place to take someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Shaniev

Keep them coming the most romantic place in Dublin! The Iveagh gardens seems good as well. Thanks for your replys so far!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

A waltz around the Spire followed by a meal in the Kylemore Café.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

A waltz around the Spire followed by a meal in the Kylemore Café.

All topped off with a go on the 10p machines in Dr Quirkeys.......What more could a girl ask for really :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

The shrine and remains of St Valentine as previosuly posted..they're in Whitefriar Street Church (up Aungier Street), even if you're not religious, is a good place to start. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

If you're taking him/her outside for a picnic this weekend for the love of god wrap up or you'll be giving the gift of frostbite this St. Valentine's Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

A stroll arond the Botanic Gardens can be quite romantic

• Advertisement
Advertisement