Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary Hurling Discussion Thread 2010.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Cork got the beating that was coming to them on Sunday,there a very poor team and are now in a very bad position,there should be about three on four retirements off that team and Asakie and Cussin should fcuk off back playing Football cos there useless Hurlers,the full back Cadogen got a roasting from Ritchie Power and he was supposed to be one of there best players.Looks like that Strike has set Cork Hurling back years.I still don't know how they beat us back in May but I would rather have our team than there's any day.

tippspur wrote: »
    Cork got the beating that was coming to them on Sunday,there a very poor team and are now in a very bad position,there should be about three on four retirements off that team and Asakie and Cussin should fcuk off back playing Football cos there useless Hurlers,the full back Cadogen got a roasting from Ritchie Power and he was supposed to be one of there best players.Looks like that Strike has set Cork Hurling back years.I still don't know how they beat us back in May but I would rather have our team than there's any day.

Thats the worrying thing tippspur is that how can such a bad team whether they are hungry on the day or not make us look so bad. its probably the thing that convinces people that KK all but have 5 in a row, as with all due respect to Waterford if they win i personally don't think they can give KK as good a game as we can. it might sound biased but its the generasl consensus amongst hurling fans and even the most ardent of waterford supporters will admit it

Cadogan who was actively throwing his weight around all year was made to look like a little lost boy yesterday and i have to say i had a wry smile on my face watching that particular lamb being slaughtered. I hope Buggy O'Meara can get another shot at him next year.
    Aisake is lucky to have his hand after Hickey. Just goes to show you can be as tall as you like but when your marking a man that's around as long as Noel Hickey you have to bring a lot more to the table then height alone.

The strikes didn't help Cork one bit. i had to laugh at Donal Og. He was expecting KK to sidetrack themselves with this GPA bulls*it by making a statement back in 2002 during the parade before league final. At the end of the day if any of them KK lads dropped their socks they'd be out on their arses Monday morning. Cusack and his teammates might be able to bully a co board into sacking a manager but in KK only one man reigns supreme and that is why KK are going for 5 in a row and cork are a washed up shadow of themselves.

Anyways nuff said about them its all about the Road to Croke park on Sunday and the moment of truth.

H'ON TIPP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

anyone know how things are with training etc.? any team news for sunday? any surprises? if they show the dogged determination they showed against galway, ill be happy.

As far as I know the team will be announced at 9 o clock tomorrow night,Eoin Kelly is an injury worry for Tipp after pulling a muscle in his back while lifting weights but should be ok.I'd say it will be nearly the same as the team that played Galway,

up the premier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Kerwick having problems with the groin again, wont be in the squad Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Kerwick having problems with the groin again, wont be in the squad Sunday

Think Kerwichs out for the rest of the season. Can't see Tipp making too many changes from the Galway match. Young to be replaced by Hennessy / Callinan / O'Brien in the forwards and Mcgrath back to midfirled. Young unlucky to miss out - has played well in the half back line and was out of position against Galway at midfield and it showed.

Defense will have to improve alot from the last day and the forwards will need to curb Bricks influence but I think we've the better hurlers and if they play to their potential it should be a Tipp win.

well lads. thinkt the team is being named tonight. dont forget to post it. sound

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

tom thum wrote: »
    well lads. thinkt the team is being named tonight. dont forget to post it. sound

One change, obrien in, young out

BC
    Stapleton, Curran, Cahill
    Fanning, O'Mahoney, P Maher
    Brendan Maher, S McGrath
    Ryan, Bonnar, O'Brien
    McGrath, Kelly, Lar

Yet another chance for John 0' Brien, why not Brian 0 Meara.best of luck to the Tipp team on Sunday anyway we just have to beat Waterford or us lads living on the borders will have to listen to shyte for the next 12 months.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

No place for Callinan yet again. I'm suprised O Brien got the nod. Maybe Sheedy wanted to bering a bit of experience to a fairly young half forward line

• Advertisement

Yet another chance for John 0' Brien, why not Brian 0 Meara.best of luck to the Tipp team on Sunday anyway we just have to beat Waterford or us lads living on the borders will have to listen to shyte for the next 12 months.;)

Better the Waterford lads them them Cats :D
    i totally agree with you regarding JOB. He gets unlimited chances and to be honest never sets the world alight.Brick will smack his lips at marking him imo. David Young for example was immense at half back v Wexford but when he didnt cut it in midfield he was swiftly replaced despite the fact he far more solid then the likes of Mickey Cahill

i don't think Callanan lost his skills overnight but looks a bit drained this year. Still a great sub to introduce.

EDIT: And you dead right about Buggy. I hope we see him, Mikey the Assassin or both make a cameo tomorrow.

C'MON THE PREMIER

fair happy. couldnt be happier. johnno will probably start the next day. while he didnt really shine he still scored a few points . and thats waht we needed. id say the training between now and the final will be lethal. all fighting for a place in the starting line up against a raging hot kk team. and i suppose they deserve to be that. even without sheff.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Leroy Lita

fair happy. couldnt be happier. johnno will probably start the next day. while he didnt really shine he still scored a few points . and thats waht we needed.

what are you smoking?
    ''while he didnt really shine'' :rolleyes:
    Johno was nearly tipp's best player today. he was immense, scored 5 points from play for god sake.
    and there's no ''probaly'' about Johno starting the final. his a definite to start the final after todays performance

Leroy Lita wrote: »
    what are you smoking?
    Johno was nearly tipp's best player today. he was immense, scored 5 points from play for god sake.
    and there's no ''probaly'' about Johno starting the final. his a definite to start the final after todays performance

It is often that Johno was pure septic.
    Lets be honest, after last year do you honestly think he can mark Tommy Walsh or JJ Delaney?

David Young was dropped for playing 1 bad game out of position but Johno is readily called back the first sign of a positive move. a good game v Waterford is not the level we aim for... its a good game v Kilkenny.

Can Johno do it is the big question?

Leroy Lita wrote: »
    what are you smoking?
    i know what ur saying but while he went about his business with precision, he didnt light up the place imo. and also he deffo should start the next day. and i dont smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Couldn't have asked for more to be honest they seem to be building nicely. Gave away a few too many fews but Mullane is surely the biggest con man in the game, was it 3 players booked for tackles on him?

It would be great if the injury reports on Tommy Walsh are true

theres talk that henry is gone to the states for some type of special treatment to get him ready on time.

Yesterday was a great day,lovely sunshine in Croke Park and beating Waterford,some great performances from the Tipp players esp Johnno(who I doubted from the start)and Noel Mc Grath who was a revelation at CF,Shane Mac had his best game of the year and all the backs were brilliant,going to love the build up now for the next 3 weeks It's just a great feeling,bring on the Cats.:cool:

theres talk that henry is gone to the states for some type of special treatment to get him ready on time.

Henry can go where he likes. Do they really think we give a flying f*ck he or Tommy plays or not? I hope Walsh does play. The sight of him bawling his eyes out having missed out on history will be sweet after all his blackguarding. im more worried about our boys and i think Mr Cody is too. he has been at alot of our championship games this year if he isn't.

Henry can go where he likes. Do they really think we give a flying f*ck he or Tommy plays or not? I hope Walsh does play. The sight of him bawling his eyes out having missed out on history will be sweet after all his blackguarding. im more worried about our boys and i think Mr Cody is too. he has been at alot of our championship games this year if he isn't.
    just saying thats what i heard. and id prefer to be playing their best 15 tbh.

• Advertisement

just saying thats what i heard. and id prefer to be playing their best 15 tbh.

Im not having a go at you tom just that KK crowd with their petty little mind games.

If they send out 15 dwarves, or 15 grizzly bears on Sept 5th it doesn't matter. What matters is the final score and its an all ireland title for who reigns supreme. Sure our 14 played excellent against their best '16' last year.
    We often beat KK teams with the likes of DJ, Eddie Keher, Chunky o'Brien in all ireland finals.

We are missing Festy, Paul Kelly and James Woodlock this year, 3 players that would trouble Kilkenny and you can bet they'll claim the All Ireland bragging rights if they win regardless of them players availability. Festy is one they couldn't handle last year. In fact Festy was his own worst enemy that day not Jacky Tyrell.

As Kevin Keegan said "Id love it, ID LOVE IT, IF WE BEAT THEM!"

As Kevin Keegan said "Id love it, ID LOVE IT, IF WE BEAT THEM!"
    +1

anyone know if the davins versus killenaule match still on tonight? south senior semi final?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

I have the bunting and the flags hanging outta everywhere...the county should be covered in blue and gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

anyone know if the davins versus killenaule match still on tonight? south senior semi final?

Score at 70minutes Davins 2-14 Killenaule 1-17

Killenaule won after extra time :(

south final odds

killenaule 4/7

draw 9/1

carrick swans 6/4

think ill have a few bob on the swan. they had themselves backed to beat mullinahone in the semi and they won a small fortune. i must ask looder.

Swan to win it hopefully.

Swan to win it hopefully.

Killenaule couldnt be that hot favourites. The Swan better then the Davins and have drawn with Killenaule already. thats going to be a very even game surely, well on paper at least

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

south final odds

killenaule 4/7

draw 9/1

carrick swans 6/4

think ill have a few bob on the swan. they had themselves backed to beat mullinahone in the semi and they won a small fortune. i must ask looder.
    It's only a rumour that Paddy Power paid for a weekend session in Carrick ;)

I for one won't be betting on the outcome Sunday although I'm sure a few Swan and Killenaule supporters probably will be.

Ah seriously though, on the match itself it's probably fair to say it could go either way. The game Tuesday night will be after bringing Killenaule on a ton. They have Festy Kerwick back also and although he may not start, he'll be introduced pretty early I'd imagine.

I wouldn't read anything into Swans beat Davins yet Killenaule only drew with them In the group stages, Killenaule beat them by 10 points or so. Davins got off to a flier on Tuesday which helped them greatly.

We've prepared as best as we can for this and hopefully it's enough to win it. It's been 10 years since our last South title so we'll be hoping to put that right Sunday evening. I'm sure Killenaule want to win back the cup that Mullinahone took from them last year also. It's down for a wet and windy day which will mean it won't be a great free flowing game I'd say but to be honest I don't think we'd care how good or bad it is aslong as the Glanbia South Senior Hurling trophy is in our hands at 8 O Clock Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Some win for the U-21's today!

Advertisement