Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary Hurling Discussion Thread 2010.

Options

Comments

tippspur wrote: »
    I think we all know what happened to Seamus Butler,he got a few slaps off the Waterford lads at the start of the semi the year before last and and never hit a decent ball for the rest of the game before he was taken off,he should have stood up for himself but he didn't and that was the end of him.I saw him in the League final that same year and he got a great six points, it was his best game for Tipp but he's not able for the physical stuff I'm afraid.

Id have thought Butler would have been past that stage and he had a very good 2007. Obviously sheedy wanted guys with a bit more steel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Is the Galway game on the box does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Is the Galway game on the box does anyone know?
    Nah don't think so. Cork v KK is on TG4, with deferred football after.

Nah don't think so. Cork v KK is on TG4, with deferred football after.

Ah well. Predictions? I'll say Tipp by 5 points

Ah well. Predictions? I'll say Tipp by 5 points

I would be thinking something similar, but I will wait til I see the team later on. Will stick it up here when I get the mail.

• Advertisement

Tipperary team v Galway

The Tipperary Senior Hurling team to play Galway in round 3 of the Allianz GAA Hurling National League on Sunday, March 14th shows 4 changes from the team which started against Kilkenny last weekend. Paddy Stapleton, Michael Cahill, Seamus Hennessy and Jody Brennan come into the side in place of Paul Curran, Thomas Stapleton, Benny Dunne and Micheál Webster.

Brendan Cummins (Ballybacon-Grange)

Paddy Stapleton (Borris-Ileigh) Padraic Maher (Thurles Sarsfields) Brendan Maher (Borris–Ileigh)

Declan Fanning (Killenaule) Conor O’Mahony (Newport) Shane Maher (Burgess)

Michael Cahill (Thurles Sarsfields) Shane McGrath (Ballinahinch)

Seamus Hennessy (Kilruane MacDonaghs) Jody Brennan (Upperchurch / Drombane) John O’Brien (Toomevara)

Eoin Kelly (Mullinahone) Captain Lar Corbett (Thurles Sarsfields) Noel McGrath (Loughmore Castleiney)

Referee: John Sexton (Corcaigh)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Michael Cahill in the center.It will be interesting to see how he gets on there.best of luck to him i hope he is the answer to our midfield prob.

Michael Cahill in the center.It will be interesting to see how he gets on there.best of luck to him i hope he is the answer to our midfield prob.

Did Gearoid Ryan get a go already? He was meant to have had a stinker v Dublin but to be fair it was 1st game of season. players are rusty, etc

I've a busy weekend, White Hart Lane on Saturday,Semple Stadium Sunday.A Spurs-Tipp double would be great,I'm sure Tipp gunner would agree.;):)

I've a busy weekend, White Hart Lane on Saturday,Semple Stadium Sunday.A Spurs-Tipp double would be great,I'm sure Tipp gunner would agree.;):)

Id half agree......... or maybe two thirds....well the footballers are playing too you know!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Tis slightly off topic,but I would be wearing a different shirt to you...Remember going into the corner pin, across from white hart lane around 93,They wouldnt serve cos I had a vest on,but had great pints in the bell and hare, around the corner.Its way off the subject..sorry:)

Id half agree......... or maybe two thirds....well the footballers are playing too you know!!! :D
    Ok then,Spurs-Tipp hurlers,Tipp Footballers and not forgetting Ireland to win the Rugger,wonder what odds I'd get on 4 wins there.;)

DT100 wrote: »
    Tis slightly off topic,but I would be wearing a different shirt to you...Remember going into the corner pin, across from white hart lane around 93,They wouldnt serve cos I had a vest on,but had great pints in the bell and hare, around the corner.Its way off the subject..sorry:)
    Every time I go to the Lane I have a few pints in the Bell and Hare,and no doubt I'll have a few there tomorrow before the game.:cool:

Ok then,Spurs-Tipp hurlers,Tipp Footballers and not forgetting Ireland to win the Rugger,wonder what odds I'd get on 4 wins there.;)

Out of interest I loooked it up... PP will give ya 6.8 to one for those 4 to come in... The hurlers are 4/9. Slightly insulting to Galway I think.

4/9 ...short odds alright

Every time I go to the Lane I have a few pints in the Bell and Hare,and no doubt I'll have a few there tomorrow before the game.:cool:

Slainte...

Just back from thurles. An absolute fantastic double of results today. The footballers were excellent. Perhaps guilty of overplaying the ball but very committed solid performance from start to finish. Hurlers were very poor in 1st half but really got their game going in the second. Galway in fairness, didn't seem to come out of the dressing room for the second half after blitzing us in the first. they are short very key players in the portumna lads who will stabilise them. Either way ill gladly take the points...
    Roll on next week!
    Án Premier ÁBU!

Much better 2nd half performance from Tipp.I thought Galway were going to beat us handy after the way we played in the 1st.KK beaten again, a good day all round.

We were sh*t in the first half. Not a bit competitive in half fwd line. i don't read too much into the slow starts or weaknesses in certain area at this stage as this is an experimental stage but still its good to win as it generates a confidence within the team. Brendan Maher was class in midfield. Woodlock could be in trouble if he can put in more performance like that.

Some of our dear neighbours losing the plot i see here. :D:D:D thats the optimum of human fickleness if ever i seen it.

Poor old limerick next week. God id hate to be the first team to lose to their young line up. they are a gutsy bunch and i hope the gaa heads down there don't cave in and give up on Justin and this team for that other shower who are nothing special to be making demands. However said that i hope and believe tipp will secure the points...and our footballers will surely put Armagh to the sword in Crossmaglen :D

EDIT: Timmy Hammersley chipped in with 2 nice points today.

Did the wind play a big factor in the 2nd half do ye know?

I was listening on tipp.fm, sounded like we really picked it up in the 2nd half. When are we out again?

• Advertisement

Was workng Sunday so couldn't make the match, or even hear it.. Good win though, despite what must have been a complete collapse by Galway in the second period. Probably not much else apart from the two points to be gleaned from it but that will do. The league is certainly on now, the clash in Cork in a few weeks will tell a lot. Next up is Limerick away on Sunday, a given you'd imagine and some degree of experimenting maybe done by the boss. I'd like to see the new guy, Hammersley get some gametime now, I think this would be an ideal opportunity for it.

We were sh*t in the first half. Not a bit competitive in half fwd line. i don't read too much into the slow starts or weaknesses in certain area at this stage as this is an experimental stage but still its good to win as it generates a confidence within the team. Brendan Maher was class in midfield. Woodlock could be in trouble if he can put in more performance like that.

Some of our dear neighbours losing the plot i see here. :D:D:D thats the optimum of human fickleness if ever i seen it.

Poor old limerick next week. God id hate to be the first team to lose to their young line up. they are a gutsy bunch and i hope the gaa heads down there don't cave in and give up on Justin and this team for that other shower who are nothing special to be making demands. However said that i hope and believe tipp will secure the points...and our footballers will surely put Armagh to the sword in Crossmaglen :D

EDIT: Timmy Hammersley chipped in with 2 nice points today.
    I thought that thread was fair funny:)

By the way I ment to say well done to the Tipp footballers,that was a great win.

Did the wind play a big factor in the 2nd half do ye know?

I was listening on tipp.fm, sounded like we really picked it up in the 2nd half. When are we out again?

To be honest its hard to tell if wind was a factor at all as tipp weren't winning a ball in the half fwd line in first half and Lar Corbett took his points well whatever they did win. galway had same problem in second half and only scored one or two points the whole half.

Ryan O'Dwyer made a late appearance for the footballers yesterday (remember him). He played well and won a nice ball at a stage when possession was vital

Footballers play Donegal Saturday night under Semple lights. Hurlers go to limerick on Sunday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

anyone know how tipp got on against wexford the other night . they were playing a challenge in the mollerans field, carrick.

1/100 to beat Limerick with Paddy Power. Is it worth a few bob lads? :pac:

tom thum wrote: »
    anyone know how tipp got on against wexford the other night . they were playing a challenge in the mollerans field, carrick.

Didnt hear about that. Was it behind closed doors?
    Gerard.C wrote:
    1/100 to beat Limerick with Paddy Power. Is it worth a few bob lads?

Ha ha. :D Seen the odds Ger ,stake a euro and get returns of €1.01 :rolleyes:
    Why doesn't PP and all the bookies just come out and say 'no bets' altogether and be done with it. To be honest Limerick haven't been playing that bad despite their inexperience and Tipp haven't been exactly flying on all cylinders. the limerick class of 2010 would prob put up a better fight, but the class of 2009 who we walloped off the field in the AI semi final would get far less generous odds on beating us probably, ironic indeed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Didnt hear about that. Was it behind closed doors?

Ha ha. :D Seen the odds Ger ,stake a euro and get returns of €1.01 :rolleyes:
    Why doesn't PP and all the bookies just come out and say 'no bets' altogether and be done with it. To be honest Limerick haven't been playing that bad despite their inexperience and Tipp haven't been exactly flying on all cylinders. the limerick class of 2010 would prob put up a better fight, but the class of 2009 who we walloped off the field in the AI semi final would get far less generous odds on beating us probably, ironic indeed :rolleyes:
    Ladbrokes are only 1/80 if anyones interested :cool:

Ladbrokes are only 1/80 if anyones interested :cool:

Jesus I got ripped off in PP so!

It should be a good game in all seriousness. Hopefully Sheedy will experiment a small bit, particularly in the half-foward line, since we are playing a weak Limerick team. Wouldnt mind young Gleeson getting another go between the posts to get the confidence up

• Advertisement

Wouldnt mind young Gleeson getting another go between the posts to get the confidence up

I remember Gleeson made an excellent save against Cork last year when called upon. Doesn't look Gerry Kennedy will get another crack at it unless Brendan Cummins retires he may come back onto the panel

Advertisement