Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 WEEK MANICURE

• 10-02-2010 6:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

i ve had this manicure done 4 times consecutively, so i suppose for about 12 weeks i had polish on. got it taken off 2 nd week in jan. my nails are totally destroyed. like paper. peeling breaking, so weak they just wont grow. i ve bought the nails inc rescue package, about 35 euros worth, no joy . also sally hansen miracle remedy, also no joy.
    can anybody offer any advice?
    i would strongly advise anyone to think long and hard before getting the 3 week manicure done. looks fab at the time but now ...:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I would actually go back to the place you got it done and show your nails to them. I know a couple of people who got it done and their nails didn't end up in such bad condition. Maybe the could do a conditioning treatment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

I never hear of a 3 week manicure! Try taking a supplement to help. Ask in a health store. You could also rub olive oil (or any oil) in. I agree with going back to show them what they did. It's now exactly what was meant to happen is it!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

im a nail tech and i would also advise you to go back to the place that did it and also i dont know how this has happened i mean its just a special top coat it sounds odd!!so go back get her to do a conditioning treatment and never get it done again!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

yes i think i will go back , i delayed as i was on hols and hoped the sun would help as i find my nails grows quickly in the heat, and no house work etc but no , still breaking and peeling. i got it done in a well known place in cork city so i hope they will be professional enough to stand over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 lucyluu

...but not anymore. My nails were the same, they would end up like paper. It is like having gelnails on as the paint is a gel, and mine never lasted 3 weeks.

I got a sally hansen treatment called repair and grow, and then painted over them with a sally hansen mega strength top coat and they did actually grow back ok and were stronger.

Never again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

This stuff is amazing for strengthening and growing nails its the only stuff that works on mine - I need to use it again actually. the smallest one will last ages

http://www.tailgator.co.uk/tg/pages/eqyssmegatekhorse.html

or the mavala scientifique is very good too.

Might be no harm to take a skin hair and nails supplement for a while to start them back stronger

I would definately go back to the salon either way and show them what has happened and see what steps they will take to help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

will look out for the mavala product, the other link was to products for horses !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lbror

I had this 3 wk manicure in splash Douglas shopping centre at €35.... Never again it peeled of first nail after 3 days and other nails at 7 days I am so cross as feel ripped off it's a gimmick looks fab on day of application but down hill after I would strongly advise anyone NOT to have this treatment:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

I get the Jessica gelleration one done but I always give it a couple of weeks break in between applications. During the break I apply lots of creams etc to get them back to normal.
    I've also heard that you should use a nail oil at the nail bed while the polish is on to nourish the nail, might try this next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Did she file them off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Zombie thread - closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement