Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"School Memories"

Options
  • 10-02-2010 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Heading down to the Men`s Bathing Place as soon as school closed half day for the summer, and passing the smokes around to celebrate!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Clodagh84

Being in sixth class under the school hall, teacher was Sr. Imelda (very cool, red-headed, american nun), in the year when St. David`s went Co-Ed!
    There was one token male pupil in my class full of girls! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Clodagh84 wrote: »
    Being in sixth class under the school hall, teacher was Sr. Imelda (very cool, red-headed, american nun), in the year when St. David`s went Co-Ed!
    There was one token male pupil in my class full of girls! :)

Clodagh, are you homesick? :)

Cant join in went to school in Fulham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

St.David's when Co-ed in 84? I was in in 85 and it seemed like it had been that way for years.

Sister Imelda? No idea who that is either.

Sr. Jean Francis
    Sr. Antoinette
    Sr. Catherine
    Sr. Anna

Thats about all I remember of the nuns.

Having 7 Maths teachers in one term... combination of breakdowns, new teachers etc...

A certain Science Teacher who could talk about painting drying all day and still have all the lads in love.

St.David's when Co-ed in 84? I was in in 85 and it seemed like it had been that way for years.

Sister Imelda? No idea who that is either.

Sr. Jean Francis
    Sr. Antoinette
    Sr. Catherine
    Sr. Anna

Thats about all I remember of the nuns.

Having 7 Maths teachers in one term... combination of breakdowns, new teachers etc...

A certain Science Teacher who could talk about painting drying all day and still have all the lads in love.

No, it was circa `74 when it went co-ed.

In my day, our science teacher was Mr. Costello, who could blush at the drop of a hat!

Having Art classes with Sr. Regina!

Taking photos of Mr. Canty in Irish class, and having the camera confiscated!

Hearing about the shinanigans that went on during the school trip to Shakespeare`s Country, and wishing I had gone too :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

The Great Apple Butt Fight of '86. Everyone piled into the canteen and asked who started it by Ms Keogh.

'I am Spartacus...' moment as everyone raised their hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 darar

if i remember rightly they were cooking ;);) apples.

Advertisement