Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Fit Centres?

Options
  • 10-02-2010 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Where in town are there keep fit centres? And do you have to have a membership to use them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Clodagh, not sure what you mean by Keep Fit, but centres range from Shoreline Leisure Centre, Jackie Skellys in Charlesland to the Marriot Gym in Druids Glen.

A few more around I think too.

I am a member in the Marriot and its awesome, empty pool, empty gym, lovely staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Clodagh84

Clodagh, not sure what you mean by Keep Fit, but centres range from Shoreline Leisure Centre, Jackie Skellys in Charlesland to the Marriot Gym in Druids Glen.

A few more around I think too.

I am a member in the Marriot and its awesome, empty pool, empty gym, lovely staff.

I was planning on going to Jackie Skelly`s, until I heard that there has been an examiner appointed to them. Anywhere that has a gym really.

I would never have thought of The Marriot, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Glenview is great also as is Shoreline. Jackie Skelly's? Read a few earlier threads to get a picture. Delighted to see them going broke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Speaking of keeping fit, does anyone know if you can just rock down and use the running track at thr Rec center? Ie just off your own bat and without having to pay/ being part of some club?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

pablo - i'm pretty sure individuals can use the track for free, if there's nothing else on. the question has been asked before here - try searching the forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

loyatemu wrote: »
    pablo - i'm pretty sure individuals can use the track for free, if there's nothing else on. the question has been asked before here - try searching the forum.
    Just to confirm that yep the track is free to use for individuals as long as no groups are using the track, you need to sign in and naturally they wont put the lights on for you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Clodagh,

I was a member of Jackie Skellys and am now a member of Shoreline, I find it great.
    Its not expensive, classes are good ( and free if you are a member ) yet you can use the gym on a pay per use basis

Cant recommend it enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Shoreline only allows 1 hour in the pool still? and closes at 6pm?

Whats the weights room like?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭olewy

Op, I've been a member of Jackie Skelly Greystones since it opened & despite the bad press which from personal experience is warranted I think the facilities themselves (particularly the gym) are worth taking a look at if you're weighing up all the options.

Still remaining on topic, has anybody here successfully managed to get their JS membership rate reduced of late, e.g. to match that of its closest competitor (literally) Shoreline's? If so, how did you go about it? If so this may be useful to both the OP, myself and other JS Gstones members.

[Btw, I'm aware of the JS bad press & not looking to open another can of worms here (the thread would likely be locked as a result...counter-productive...so please stick to topic/question if possible)] :)

Advertisement