Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where put martingale straps on reins?

Options
  • 10-02-2010 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Is in front of stoppers facing the bit or behind the stopper facing the reins part? :confused:
    My first guess is to put behind stoppers also found pic of same.
    Is that right?

First time user :o
    Im using one with a breastplate to prevent saddle from slipping as he is very rounded cob and also to prevent throwing head up as he would evade the bit out hunting.

I found a pic of similar to what I have but mine have no strap over neck, just attach to D-rings
    This pic show that its facing towrds reins behind stoppers.
    http://www.clonkeenequestriansupplies.co.uk/5.%20Saddlery%20&%20Horseware/5g.%20Bridles/BR01%20-%20BREASTPLATE%20HUNTER.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭MDFM

the stoppers are to stop the martingale rings from slipping up to the bit - so therefor you place the stoppers on the reins, near the bit - basically the stoppers go between the bit (on rein) and the martingale rings. Is that what you're asking?

http://www.brighteyesandbobtails.co.uk/acatalog/Section_martingales.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I agree with above. The martingale shouldnt be so far up the reins that it restricts control which can happen if you have faulty or wrongly placed stoppers but it shouldn't be so far back that it also restricts control and losses effect.

Fairly close to the bit, behind the stoppers but not too far up.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

Thanks for the reply. :)

Advertisement