Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driveway Gates

• 10-02-2010 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi All,
    looking to get driveway gates installed. Small problem or two, our drive is a little unconventional. 1. Its on a slope 2. Its at an angle, which means two conventional gates meeting in the middle would work when closed, however when open, will reduce the available space to drive in and out. 3. Neighbours boundry wall is attached to one pillar. The drive is 13ft 3in wide, and I'm looking for 6ft approx wooden gates.

Any ideas? I'm thinking one large gate that will swing open and latch onto boundry wall allowing full use of space around opposite pillar to drive in and out.

Do gate companies adjust, heighten etc pillars?
    Any opinions or brainwaves greatly received.
    Rgds
    S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭3dsteel

The top hinge of the gate can be offset from the bottom hinge to allow the gate to rise as it opens.

You might also be able to consider a sliding gate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

sliding gate sounds like a good option.

not using any space and you can park right up to it without interfering with the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Springsteen

Thanks Guys,
    Sliding gate would mean hack down 30 yr old hedging which gives great privacy and shelter. Looks like fancy hinge work will do it, I don't need the gate to rise, I need it to open greater than 90 degrees ( around the corner of the pillar ) to maximise the drive swing circle. Thanks again.

Any good recommendations for gate companies? I'm in Dublin, Northside.
    Rgds,
    S

Advertisement