Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda station always shut

Options
  • 10-02-2010 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

local station is always shut, whenever I call.

Must licence application be handed in to local station, or can one go to the mother station so to speak of the local station?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

ravima wrote: »
    local station is always shut, whenever I call.

Must licence application be handed in to local station, or can one go to the mother station so to speak of the local station?

You can go to the mother station but if you want the local guard who may know you what you do is call the local station and if theres no on there it will put you through to the mother station, ask when you local guard is on and if he will be in the station and call by then!! some of the smaller rural stations may not have a guard assigned to them at all so use the phone luke!!!:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

ravima wrote: »

You can hand it into the station where the Super "resides". The only real reason for the local station is in section 7 where a Garda has to sign, stamp and verify the applicants identity most people (myself included) like to give the application into a Garda that knows us.

Still you can go to the main station and hand the application into the Garda on the desk. Just bring ID (incase). Get a receipt if possible to say it was handed in there.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

If you've to hand in your application I would think you're better off still dealing there. First tactic I'd use would be write a short note,

Dear Garda MIA, please ring me at *your mobile* as soon as you can, regards Ravima.

The natural wariness of your Garda to have dealings with gun nuts may be temporarily displaced by his natural nosiness and during this period of instability in the Garda brain, he may actually ring you.

Otherwise, I would be ringing the main station at least two times a day until you get him there. They do need to return to the mothership once in a while. While he is there he has access to the Pulse system, so he can check out your application presumably, or will be able to make calls/inquiries on your behalf.

I'd be wary of having dealings with a second Garda, because the left hand usually doesn't tell the right hand what's going on.

Edit, I was lazy and didn't read the OP properly, but some of the above still applies :D And I'm still lazy so I can't be arsed tidying it up.

Advertisement