Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV Security System ?

Options
  • 10-02-2010 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I am an electrician (KNX Registered) and I'm trying to research cctv systems.

I have been trying decide weather or not to purchase this system as my parents are allowing me to install it into their house for practice.

CCTV Security System H.264 DVR 4 Armour Dome IR Cameras

What really attracted me to it is the fact that its affordable and it seems to be just what they need. The cameras would mount up in the soffit and won't be too exposed.

Here is the ebay link: http://cgi.ebay.ie/CCTV-Security-Sys...ht_3859wt_1165

If anyone has any knowledge of this system or can recommend a better one please reply to this thread, say what you like.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

The resolution of the cameras isn't great and the dvr is questionable. I suppose it's fairly typical of the cheap Chinese imports
    My suggestion would be to save your money and buy a book or go on a training course and learn some of the principals of CCTV first.
    Then when you have the knowledge go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Electrisco-pops

I did look into doing one of those cctv courses earlier this year however it was with cheveron and it cost a fortune to do. Can you suggets a decent book or a course on cctv.

It would be in my best interest to gain knowledge as I have some potential clients.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I have some books that cover the theory, Vlado Damjanovski has some good ones, old but good.
    Tavcom do some good courses but you should be aware that the PSA intend to start licensing the cctv industry shortly

Advertisement