Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long before i can exercise/sweat?

Options
  • 10-02-2010 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

got my firs tattoo today :)

lower arm between elbow and wrist. decided to pass on football tonight, but wondering if i can run tomorrow and lift a few weights in the gym??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Delorian

Hmm, interesting question. I don't think sweat affects them too much, in fact I would imagine a little might be good. Certainly banging it would be bad as it's like a scabbing cut, so missing football is prolly a good idea. Can't imagine running would be too bad and some weights should be ok, although wouldn't over exert the area. Main thing is to avoid it being immersed in hot water so go easy in the shower.

After 1 week mine seem to heal up quite well. After 2 I feel pretty perfect. Might try leaving off possible physical contact for at least 1 week and shy away for 2. Avoid jacuzzi and bath for maybe 4. That's just my experience though, and mine have lasted quite well I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

2 weeks is the general consensus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Baggio...

Personally, I'll leave it for a few days and avoid the kettle bell work outs (but they bang of the limbs)... I don't think sweat is a problem, I mean it's cool to have a shower, but a long soak (ie a bath) should be avoided.

I'll be pretty careful not to scuff it for the first week.

Also I would, as OP said, don't exercise on it when it starts to scab up, as it may take the scab off too early and screw up the tat.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭1922

might do a ut of running 2m. it didnt bleed much during it or after it and i've no scabs or irritation around it, but i've always healed very quickly from injuries.

will run tomorrow, might let the weights off for another few days though alright

Advertisement