Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

house alarm

Options
  • 10-02-2010 9:05pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

i have a homesecure alarm HSK?

anyway, i have it about 5 years when i came home from work it didnt beep when i opened the door, so i was tip toeing about the house checking everything was still here when all off a sudden the alarm went off.

so i went to set there for the night and it is not talking to me anymore - gone silent.

it probably isnt a big deal but i got used to it talking to me.

do you think i should call out the repair man or would anyone know what is wrong with it and i could repair it myself

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Sounds like a faulty front door contact.
    A service should sort this

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

its not the front door its the keypad

it doesnt beep or say "alarm set", "alarm unset". "window open" etc - its has gone silent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Thats what I get when I don't read things properly
    I take it the alarm still works and the display/lights on the keypad work but the voice/beeping is gone
    A service will sort it, just tell them to bring along a spare keypad/speaker for a HKC securewatch

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

irishbird wrote: »
    i have a homesecure alarm HSK?

anyway, i have it about 5 years when i came home from work it didnt beep when i opened the door, so i was tip toeing about the house checking everything was still here when all off a sudden the alarm went off.

so i went to set there for the night and it is not talking to me anymore - gone silent.

it probably isnt a big deal but i got used to it talking to me.

do you think i should call out the repair man or would anyone know what is wrong with it and i could repair it myself

thanks

You could replace it yourself, save yourself a few quid in the process..

Advertisement