Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

€25,000 min guaranteed, Friday 12th March (Cross Border Poker Festival)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Errigal House Hotel, Cootehill, Co. Cavan
    1. Who is running the event – Hibernian Poker on behalf of Cootehill Harps F.C.
    2. The purpose of the event – Fundraiser for new soccer pitch
    3. Date and Location of event – Friday March 12th 2010 Errigal House Hotel, Cootehill, Co. Cavan
    4. Registration and Start time of event - Reg 7:00pm Start 8:00pm
    Day 2 starts at 4pm on Saturday March 13th
    5. Any prerequisites - None
    6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number - Limited to 240 players,
    Call Lorna on 086-3161800 or Adrian on 0877805097
    7. Type of Tournament - Texas Hold’em, 1 rebuy OR top up
    8. Cost of entry and any subsequent rebuys/top-ups etc - €250 entry, 1 re-buy OR top up for €75
    9. Cost of registration - €30 from entry and €25 from top up (this money goes towards Cootehill Harps F.C. pitch development fund)
    10. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund - 100% i.e. €220 from every entry fee and €50 from every top up
    10a. Is any money from the prize fund held back for future tournaments, if so, how much – n/a
    11. Any guaranteed prize pool – yes, €25,000 minimum guaranteed. (€65,000 estimated)
    12. If applicable, Number of re-buys allowed and over what time frame/blind levels. – 1 rebuy or top up from end of hand 1 til break (90 minutes)
    13. Starting Chips - $10k
    14. Rebuy and Top-up chip amounts. Rebuy or top up $15k
    15. Blind levels -
    $50/$100
    $100/$200
    $150/$300
    Break
    $200/$400
    $300/$600
    $400/$800
    $600/$1200
    $800/$1500
    $1,000/$2,000
    $1,500/$3,000
    $2,000/$4,000
    $3,000/$6,000 etc
    Antes from level 7 onwards
    16. Blind timeframes - 30 mins throughout.
    17. Places being paid and if any prizes are other than cash – 10% of field (1 in 10 players paid) 1st prize will include a ticket for this years Paddy Power Irish Open.
    18. Are there going to be dealers - and their level of skill - Yes, excellent
    19. Will there be a documented list of rules – Yes Revised TDA rules
    20. Is there a tournament director - Yes
    21. How are disputes handled - who has final say - TD has the final say
    22. Side Tables: 5% rake, €20 cap

For further details call Lorna on 086-3161800 or Adrian on 087-7805097
    Or contact Mick on 086-8580808 or e-mail Mick@cavanpoker.com
    While there is a load of honesty flying around, you might want to change point 10a in the charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

what are these 250 euro tickets for ? that was taken out of prize money and given to 2nd to 6th :confused:

corkie123 wrote: »
    what are these 250 euro tickets for ? that was taken out of prize money and given to 2nd to 6th :confused:
    They are for the Meath Masters that is being run by Hibernian Poker in navan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Mr. Wolf

corkie123 wrote: »

The €250 tickets are for this years Meath Poker Masters in JJP Poker Club, Johnstown, Navan on Saturday June 5th.
    Its a €250 freeze-out including reg and the number is limited to 80 players on the Saturday (Day 1b)
    When the remaining 6 players decided on a 6 way chop I suggested putting a ticket in for 5 of the prizes with which all the players were happy. These tickets are fully refundable if the players can't make it (as I told them on the night) but as places are limited for the Meath Masters and I only have a certain number of tickets available they were all happy to take the tickets along with the cash.
    As detailed in the OP the Irish Open ticket was part of 1st prize.

Mr. Wolf wrote: »
    The €250 tickets are for this years Meath Poker Masters in JJP Poker Club, Johnstown, Navan on Saturday June 5th.
    Its a €250 freeze-out including reg and the number is limited to 80 players on the Saturday (Day 1b)
    When the remaining 6 players decided on a 6 way chop I suggested putting a ticket in for 5 of the prizes with which all the players were happy. These tickets are fully refundable if the players can't make it (as I told them on the night) but as places are limited for the Meath Masters and I only have a certain number of tickets available they were all happy to take the tickets along with the cash.
    As detailed in the OP the Irish Open ticket was part of 1st prize.
    And fair play to ya Mick , sure id do the same myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 GrogoJones

Hi lorna,

I played your cross border game and enjoyed it.
    Just a thought but maybe next time have some rule where
    the ticket is non refundable, but if you cant play you can nominate
    a player for your ticket. That way the players and the football club get maximum value.

Regards.

GrogoJones wrote: »
    Hi lorna,

I played your cross border game and enjoyed it.
    Just a thought but maybe next time have some rule where
    the ticket is non refundable, but if you cant play you can nominate
    a player for your ticket. That way the players and the football club get maximum value.

Regards.
    I think the club were happy with the value they got.:rolleyes:

Just to keep this up to date incase some may have thought that the lame excuses were being accepted (Well that would be just Naivety).
    There will be an article in a couple of the regular poker magazines in the coming months covering this. (not sure which month but i will keep you posted).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 pokerface2010

DAMO72 wrote: »
    Just to keep this up to date incase some may have thought that the lame excuses were being accepted (Well that would be just Naivety).
    There will be an article in a couple of the regular poker magazines in the coming months covering this. (not sure which month but i will keep you posted).
    what magazine(irelands own maybe, miss flanagan investigates):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

Is this supposed to be funny?? pathetic waste of time

Does your hubby know your using his lap top , now be a good girl and get back in the kitchen .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 pokerface2010

talk about easy prey, bet ye spout chips as much as s**t verbally muckers the lot of ye or culchies whatever:D:D:D:Dlol,lmao.