Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PizzaStone / Terracotta tile in Galway?

Options
  • 10-02-2010 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

hi all

i'm cooking pizzas from scratch these days and they're turning out pretty nice but id like to get my hand on a pizza stone or just get an unglazed terra cotta tile (as i hear its basically the same thing).

does anyone know where i can get these in galway?

Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭ingalway

I saw one in Meadows and Byrne, Merchants Road, yesterday. They are upstairs on a trolly near the til - I think it was about €20.

If you do get one will you post how well it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭tomaschonnie

will do, of course. thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

I just went to the local tile shop with the dimensions of my oven, got a plain unglazed tile, cut to size. Total cost: €2.00 - and it works great!

couldnt get a suitable tile in any of the tile shops. ended up getting a fan-oven pizza-stone in the AGA shop in lisbaun industrial estate. €12 with a wire rack and pizza cutter. suits me coz i only have a fan oven anyway. quite a good price, €10 cheaper than the meadows and byrne one (although it was prettier).

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭flan59

Got one in Stock in Dublin recently, but I dont yet have the Peel to go with it. Tried it and it works well, need to use it a few times, have to put the base on it and dress it before putting the lot in the oven. Can heat it before hand but I would like to be able to put the ready made pizza on the hot stone in the oven, should work out better that way. Like I said needs a few tweeks to correct the issues. Cost about€25 with a cutter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭hotshots85

Instead of dressing it all on the stone, i've figured if you just put the base on some tin foil (bit of flour or polenta for crunch on the foil) , dress it on that then its easy to slide the base off of the tin foil onto the hot stone. Works for me!

pizza stone worked a treat!

cf5e11a8fe3f588d3515ed3a0e3c1700.JPG

Advertisement