Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hawthorn quicks

• 10-02-2010 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi I need to repair a farm hedge and need to get hawthorn and blackthorn quicks. Does anybody know where I can buy these and how much they cost.
    Thanks in advance for any assistance
    Ann

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭networks

there a fellow in meath who sells whitethorn at 280euro per thousand delivered,here in kerry sells at bout 45 euro per hundred

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fra05

Hi Ann,

I get quiks from a lovely fella in Meath. He's reasonable and easy to deal with. As far as I know he'll courier them around the country, I'll PM you his number and you can give him a ring if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 TREVOR H

Hi Ann,
    Coillte nurseries are very cheap.
    Their website is not working as they are updating it (for the last couple of months).
    They also sell through Glanbia, Country Life stores. Check www.countrylife.ie for their locations.
    Coillte are good because they stock native varieties and from native seed (native stock grows better).
    Just checked the coillte website, they sell through most co ops as well.

Hope this helps,
    Trevor

• Registered Users Posts: 8 anez

Thanks for all the help, getting the quiks during the week. Ann

Advertisement