Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thermalate insulating paint

• 10-02-2010 10:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭

anyone heard of this stuff? is it any good? i find it hard to beleive that paint would have massive insulating properties.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Think there was a thread on here about that recently, with the general consensus being, if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is.

Can't see how a thin layer of paint could that much provide insulation anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭mossie110

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Snake oil does the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

the da was looking to use it. i initially thought it was a swizz when i first heard about it. but i am now pretty sure that it is.

thanks guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 wesleygeorge67

in order to comment on stuff people should use it first. I used one made by thermilate and most certainly did the business for me. dont know about any other brands though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Your second post on this today. Can you declare if you have a vested interest in said paint?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

ah i would say he googled it ad it came up with this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Yes Sister, I have used this paint for a client. He maintained it made a difference but I couldnt tell as he had the heat on 24 hrs a day place was sweltering. It was last March when it was applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭soldsold

I found this thread when checking to see if wesleygeorge only posts spam about insulating paint, and of course I was right.

Aerogel is the worlds most effective insulating material, it uses nanoparticle spheres with a vacuum inside each sphere to give its low conductivity.

Aerogel is still only 3 times better than insulated plasterboard of the same thickness, so you need 9mm aerogel thickness to give the same effect as a standard 37mm insulated plasterboard, the standard size for drylining.

Ok now try to convince me that a paint with a few nanoparticles suspended in it, and a few microns thick, will keep your house warm?

My ar*e.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=14122109#

Just in case there is still any doubt about this stuff...

http://www.epinions.com/content_2452594820

Guys, try the shopping channel instead of boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Are you some sort of vigilante?

No, I just have a healthy dislike of spammers and con artists :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement