Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a good case? €20 in Peats.

Options
  • 10-02-2010 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

Peats doesn't seem to allow you to link to a specific page but they have a computer case for €20. I was thinking of getting it for a future build. I'll add this to the bargain alerts if you guys think it's good. It's called Diverse Midi ATX Computer Case. If you google it it's the first result with Peats. I can't seem to find anything else about it.

TQXH1A.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

(asuming it is similar to the 25 euro case I bought last year - virtually the same look)

For that money, it is great value, though if you are going to be lugging it about to LAN meets then I'd look elsewhere.

These cases tend to have superthin steel - watch your fingres or they'll be cut when removing the cutouts.

The case isn't very robust, but who cares?

Also the fans are quite loud.

I've bought similar for a homeserver - stuck under a worktop with the fan running at half speed it is fine!

It comes with the USB headers and stuff so it's complete - will also take an ITX mb.

WildeFalcon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

ITs a very cheaply made case. But if you just want to throw some old hardware into it then go ahead. Just change the fans to some you have lying about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

i used this case only a couple of weeks ago for a cheap build for a friend and i thought it was a great case for the money but buy plasters or glove,s as with all cheap case,s it has sharp edge,s my friend is still cleaning my blood off the case lol ps does not come with any fan,s

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Real cases start around the €30-40 mark. Those €15-25 cases are royally naff. Only even think about getting it if you're only jamming the guts of an old P4 in there. Otherwise its not worth the tenner you save.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Its a cheap case not meant for anything high end, or parts, or eaxt mobo support ect.
    if you are just building a bog standard standard for browsing the net and not gaming or anything then yes go for it.
    If you are into gaming you will need a decent spec case with some decent airflow, cages ect.
    You get what you pay for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Mac daddy wrote: »
    You get what you pay for.

Absolutely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭The Oggmonster

Is this one much better for €50? I won't be building a high end pc but something that's fast for day to day tasks.

http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/catalog.cgi?view_product=1&id=25748&sid=14&cid=122&scid=539

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Its okay but overpriced for an old design (the case window alone adds a tenner to the price). Look out for newer cases like the Antec 200/300 and the Thermaltake V3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Got a great cheap case from peats last year think it came from far east via Germany...all reviews were in german ...yeah like others I thought it was grand fro the money ...just watch yer fingers!

Advertisement