Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ehh...little help please!! Bald related :-D

Options
  • 10-02-2010 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Heidi ho folks!

Hope this isn't off topic, stop me if it is! I know there is a forum called beer guts and receding hairlines but I was thinking I might get a more accurate, honest answers in here!!

I am a 26 year old male and already have a hairline that has receded quite a bit!! Lately I have been considering shaving my head...and as my hairline is so receded I would pretty much be shaving to the scalp because a No 1 or No 2 shave all over would not look right!

My question is, since hair can massively effect a person's appearance, do you think people are more intimidated by someone that essentially is a skin head?!! Because I wouldn't like that much!! Or do you think it is generally more accepted?! And also, how do women feel about women like that in general?! Would love to hear your opinions! I would like to think that women don't run a mile when they see a man with no hair but I could be kidding myself....I have done that before!

Anyhow, let me know what you good folks think!

Thanks,
    Baldy :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Well personally I wouldn't have a problem with a bald guy, and I think it looks really sexy on some guys!

Look at Bruce Willis, he looks great bald, much better than he used to I think.

Also this may sound weird but have you considered a bit of facial hair? I love stubble on a guy with a shaved head :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 thisisnotinuse

Hey Phasers, thanks for the reply (and the thankfully positive response ;):D)

I sure have considered the facial hair and think I would definitely let it grow if I was too go ahead and shave the head!!

Good point on Bruce Willis, luckily I am decent shape so the skin head look might not look too bad!! I guess like most things it wont be for everyone but will be for some!! The noggin might get a few kisses for luck!!

I'm kinda thinking would be better to shave it all off and grow into the look instead of trying to cover up the fact that I'm losing it anyway!! Just don't want people running a mile when they see me!

There must be other folks then that think the same as ya and like a guy with a shaved head! I sure hope so because that's the way I am heading I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Shaved head is always better than a combover that's for sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I'm kinda thinking would be better to shave it all off and grow into the look instead of trying to cover up the fact that I'm losing it anyway!! Just don't want people running a mile when they see me!

That!^

Any attempted disguising of the baldness never works. Embracing the baldness is key to pulling it off with confidence. Also agree with Phasers on the facial hair front.

Bald, btw, is hawt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Beonce

phasers wrote: »
    Shaved head is always better than a combover that's for sure!

+1, I know a few bald guys and think it looks great, take the plunge :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 thisisnotinuse

Damn am I glad I posted!! Great to hear all folk don't feel bald is necessarily a bad thing!! Just has such a big impact on how a person looks that I was reluctant to take the plunge!

But ye are dead right, hiding it looks a lot worse and Im sure I will adjust to the change and maybe be more confident for it!

When I go for it (which will be very soon) I will post a pic to see what ye think since ye helped give me the push I needed to do it :pac:

Going to wait until I go on hols at start of March though because I tend to tan pretty ok, think it might be a good idea to get a tan on the noggin!!

Advertisement