Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai haunting the bypass??

• 10-02-2010 11:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

twice this week (Sunday @ midday) & today around 1pm I've been on the bypass, coming from the Kilmeaden side into Waterford and have seen 2 drivers being stopped by the Gardai - I assume for speeding?.

Strangely both were pulled in on the bend just before the slip road leading to the ORR.

Not sure where the GS were originally but methinks it may have been the layby as the road passes Mt Congreve?

Anyone else see them along this road recently?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Stick to the 100km speed limit and they shouldnt bother you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Meanwhile people do 120 on the old road....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Saw a motorcycle Gardai at the Kilmeadon roundabout other day, he didn't have a speedgun but he was certainly paying attention to the Traffic coming from Waterford on the bypass.

Given most people were doing 120+ and suddenly breaking just at the roundabout along with some very dangerous overtaking and undertaking I'd say they may have caught a few people.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

twice this week (Sunday @ midday) & today around 1pm I've been on the bypass, coming from the Kilmeaden side into Waterford and have seen 2 drivers being stopped by the Gardai - I assume for speeding?.

Strangely both were pulled in on the bend just before the slip road leading to the ORR.

Not sure where the GS were originally but methinks it may have been the layby as the road passes Mt Congreve?

Anyone else see them along this road recently?

There are a few garda ramps along the bypass which they can be regularly spotted in.

I have been on that road loads of times and have seen them every time I'm on it.

@Bards.

I believe that one of Jim D'arcy's campaign pledges for the last election was to increase the speed limit on the ORR. This has yet to happen. I shall be calling him pretty soon about how the plans are coming along:P:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note:

Folks.. iv split posts discussing the ORR Speed Limit from this thread into a new topic located here.

Please use the linked thread, above, to discuss the speed limit on the ORR. This topic should be for the Waterford City Bypass only, which has a different speed limit and is not subject to debate as it stands.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement