Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Race for 4th

1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Manchester City
    holy **** its actually a real possibility that Spurs could nick 3rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Manchester City
    City can go level on points with us, but won't beat our goal difference. We need a draw or better at home to Fulham or Spurs to drop points. They're away to City and Burnley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Mr Alan wrote: »

this famous occasion may not happen at all this year.

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~mikepitt/totteringham.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Surely Arsenal will beat a 2nd string fulham team at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

With the truckload of injuries we have, it is possible but unlikely imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Manchester City
    JPA wrote: »
    Surely Arsenal will beat a 2nd string fulham team at home?

God only knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Frisbee wrote: »
    God only knows.

They have the final 3 days later, they could field a team of unknowns.
    But then Arsenal seem to have given up for the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I wonder will this spur the players on against City I'd settle for fourth if we could get the players playing like there lives depended on it we might be able to get a result against City which would be huge and then we could see how it goes next Sunday but really City is the big one

God damn stoke and wolves :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Manchester City
    They have the final 3 days later, they could field a team of unknowns.

Going on todays display that team would probably beat us.
    But then Arsenal seem to have given up for the season.

Yup, for some unfathomable reason, surely it would be better to end the season on a high rather than roll over and make it 4 EPL games without a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Manchester City
    Congrats to

antod,
    bad2dabone,
    draffodx,
    Gear9992,
    JerryHandbag,
    kakee,
    keane2097,
    KnifeWRENCH,
    Kold,
    Lister1,
    MrKingsley,
    orourkeda,
    overexcitedaj,
    Robxxx7,
    rotinaj,
    Schism,
    Seifer,
    Stargal,
    T-b0n3,
    V9

For being better than 93% of the forum at predicting football :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Manchester City
    PHB wrote: »
    Congrats to

antod,
    bad2dabone,
    draffodx,
    Gear9992,
    JerryHandbag,
    kakee,
    keane2097,
    KnifeWRENCH,
    Kold,
    Lister1,
    MrKingsley,
    orourkeda,
    overexcitedaj,
    Robxxx7,
    rotinaj,
    Schism,
    Seifer,
    Stargal,
    T-b0n3,
    V9

Never heard of any of 'em.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Manchester City
    raffa still thinks he has 4th nailed on i reckon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

They think it's all over.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Congrats to

antod,
    bad2dabone,
    draffodx,
    Gear9992,
    JerryHandbag,
    kakee,
    keane2097,
    KnifeWRENCH,
    Kold,
    Lister1,
    MrKingsley,
    orourkeda,
    overexcitedaj,
    Robxxx7,
    rotinaj,
    Schism,
    Seifer,
    Stargal,
    T-b0n3,
    V9

Congrats to them all, I didn't vote for anyone because I genuinely couldn't call the final spot even up until last weekend.

I do however know of a few people who emphatically dismissed Tottenham's chances, I wonder should I do a Pighead-style recap? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,367 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Spurs
    The high number for Liverpool is the major embarrassment though. Liverpool were well behind when the poll was started and they still manage to draw the most votes

Manchester City
    raffa still thinks he has 4th nailed on i reckon.

you still talking about Liverpool? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Manchester City
    Congrats to them all, I didn't vote for anyone because I genuinely couldn't call the final spot even up until last weekend.

I do however know of a few people who emphatically dismissed Tottenham's chances, I wonder should I do a Pighead-style recap? ;)

Please don't do that!

In al seriousness, fair play to Spurs. Some run in, they earned it. Looking at some of the teams in the Qualifiers, it will be tough but enjoy CL football.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Congrats to

antod,
    bad2dabone,
    draffodx,
    Gear9992,
    JerryHandbag,
    kakee,
    keane2097,
    KnifeWRENCH,
    Kold,
    Lister1,
    MrKingsley,
    orourkeda,
    overexcitedaj,
    Robxxx7,
    rotinaj,
    Schism,
    Seifer,
    Stargal,
    T-b0n3,
    V9

For purposes of transparency, gloating and good old fashioned embarassment why dont you name & shame the people who voted for the others ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Manchester City
    Really didn't see this happening but congrats to Spurs. They deserve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Manchester City
    The high number for Liverpool is the major embarrassment though. Liverpool were well behind when the poll was started and they still manage to draw the most votes

In fairness, we'd been on our best run in January and Torres was due back.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Sizzler wrote: »
    For purposes of transparency, gloating and good old fashioned embarassment why dont you name & shame the people who voted for the others ;)

All 246 or so:eek:

Click on the numbers beside the teams and you'll see for yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,437 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Spurs

Something like this ?

Commiserations Man City Pickers
    $hifty, 1mcampo1, A Dub in Glasgo, aidan24326, Aidric, applehunter, Arsenal1986, astrofool, Beanmachine, Beans_On, Blarney92, bohsman, BOHtox, Brando_ie, Bubs101, Carcharodon, CHD, creggy, CSF, ctrl-alt-delete, Daysha, deise48, deisedude, Diabhal Beag, Diddy Kong, doc_17, Dónal, Dr. Dodger, dsmythy, efb, Evil_Clown, fluffyorganic1, gavredking, Gillington, greendom, Illkillya, Interyurauldone, irishtoffee, IvySlayer, jonnybadd, Jordonvito, Juan Pablo, judas101, Jugs82, karma_, Kent Brockman, keysersoze_88, Kingdom, Kingp35, Lamper.sffc, Larkin91, loyatemu, MagicMarker, mars bar, Max Power1, Melion, menoscemo, MickShamrock, MikeySligo, Minstrel27, mirwillbeback, Mushy, Ordinary man, Osu, Papa Smut, patmac, PCros, Pighead, Ping Chow Chi, pistolpetes11, playa3, postalservice, Prufrock, pwd, RasTa, RedivideR, Rekop dog, Rickylovesuall, ROCKMAN, SilverFox261, sionnach, Souless, sprinkles, SuperEagle, Telgere, That_Guy, TheSpecialOne, The_Dazzler, thorbarry, Unearthly, Ush1, Vokes, wicklowwonder, Xavi6, Zonda999

Commiserations Brave Villa Pickers
    artanevilla, Bounty Hunter, Bukman13, death1234567, Doodee, dooferoaks, dor83, dubmick, Fink Goddie, Green Hornet, Helix, JPA, KenHy, killwill, Kinetic^, LZ5by5, m@cc@, matrim, murpho999, Nehaxak, Neil3030, Niska, OPENROAD, Paleface, patrickc, quad_red, Raekwon, Redzer7, Roar, rossie1977, Savman, The Muppet, tomred1, Töpher, V1llianous, villains77, wynters

LOLLiverpoolLOL
    aaronh007, Archimedes, BastardPrince, baz2009, bijapos, Borat_Sagdiyev, breadmonkey, builttospill, Burner-, ButcherOfNog, byte, carlop, cashback, curry-muff, d22ontour, daithijjj, DaPoolRulz, DazMarz, doncarlos, drkpower, emc2, Epicurus, eZe^, Ferris_Bueller, Fizman, flahavaj, Frisbee, gebbel, goddevil, goingpostal, Goose81, Green Giant, Harpy, Headshot, Hoki, Holsten, Iago, internelligent, jasonorr, jaykay74, Jazzy, jem, jesus_thats_gre, jethro081, Jigga, Johner, Johnny86, K-9, Kev_ps3, Kidchameleon, Killme00, kryogen, Kulgan, leninbenjamin, Liam O, lint316, livinginkorea, M5, magma69, MaxPower89, mayordenis, me-skywalker, MementoMori, mercuroman, micks, misty floyd, Mitch Connor, Mmcd, Morzadec, Mr Alan, MR NINE, Mr. Incognito, Mr.Nice Guy, Necronomicon, nkay1985, noodler, nox001, nullzero, pajodublin, paul150, Paulw, petethebrick, PHB, Quazzie, RandolphEsq, raven136, rob316, ronaldochokes, Royale with Cheese, R_H_C_P, ScienceNerd, SM01, Smegball, speedboatchase, Spiritoftheseventies, super_furry, SuprSi, syngindub, The-Rigger, thekid9, therokerroar, tok9, Tonio, TonyD79, Tusky, VinylJunkie, Voltwad, Warper, wcarey1975, x in the city, x43r0, xabi, ziggy, ~Rebel~

LOLLiverpoolLOL
    aaronh007, Archimedes, BastardPrince, baz2009, bijapos, Borat_Sagdiyev, breadmonkey, builttospill, Burner-, ButcherOfNog, byte, carlop, cashback, curry-muff, d22ontour, daithijjj, DaPoolRulz, DazMarz, doncarlos, drkpower, emc2, Epicurus, eZe^, Ferris_Bueller, Fizman, flahavaj, Frisbee, gebbel, goddevil, goingpostal, Goose81, Green Giant, Harpy, Headshot, Hoki, Holsten, Iago, internelligent, jasonorr, jaykay74, Jazzy, jem, jesus_thats_gre, jethro081, Jigga, Johner, Johnny86, K-9, Kev_ps3, Kidchameleon, Killme00, kryogen, Kulgan, leninbenjamin, Liam O, lint316, livinginkorea, M5, magma69, MaxPower89, mayordenis, me-skywalker, MementoMori, mercuroman, micks, misty floyd, Mitch Connor, Mmcd, Morzadec, Mr Alan, MR NINE, Mr. Incognito, Mr.Nice Guy, Necronomicon, nkay1985, noodler, nox001, nullzero, pajodublin, paul150, Paulw, petethebrick, PHB, Quazzie, RandolphEsq, raven136, rob316, ronaldochokes, Royale with Cheese, R_H_C_P, ScienceNerd, SM01, Smegball, speedboatchase, Spiritoftheseventies, super_furry, SuprSi, syngindub, The-Rigger, thekid9, therokerroar, tok9, Tonio, TonyD79, Tusky, VinylJunkie, Voltwad, Warper, wcarey1975, x in the city, x43r0, xabi, ziggy, ~Rebel~

:eek:

Did he mistake it for the city of Liverpool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Spurs
    Sometimes I love being wrong...

Manchester City
    you still talking about Liverpool? :rolleyes:

sorry man...no hard feelings:)

* is that bed still on
    :pac:

Manchester City
    :eek:

Did he mistake it for the city of Liverpool?

I never even voted for that, :confused:

I had a feeling spurs would do it but kept it to myself, but delighted the sheiks lost out

Manchester City
    yea, you didn't vote, someone else signed onto your username here and voted for Liverpool :rolleyes: and yes our bet (Torres being at Liverpool next season) is still on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

is there going to be poll for the "race for third?"
    there should be!

arsenal 72 pts
    tottenham 70 pts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Manchester City
    Just saw my reasoning from a few months back for going with Liverpool to get 4th:
    City will make a hash of it but I'd like them to get it over Liverpool, for Shay Given's sake. I can't see the others being there. Villa traditionally collapse in March and while I don't think it will be as bad as recent seasons I still see them falling away. I've never felt Spurs were good enough to last the distance.

OK got it badly wrong with regards to Spurs but I wasn't too far off the mark as far as Villa and City were concerned. :)

In all seriousness my hat goes off to Tottenham as I didn't envisage they could last the distance but they thoroughly deserve the 4th spot. I hope they get a good run going in the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Manchester City
    sorry man...no hard feelings:)

* is that bed still on
    :pac:

bit of a freudian slip there. You have feelings for Al maybe :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Fair play Spurs, I'm sure there are a considerable amount of oul fellas in Ireland this morning with big smiles on their faces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Manchester City
    I'd like to change my vote to Spurs. Having given it due consideration I think they're pretty much nailed on for this and will have the mental fortitude to go all way. could still be some surprises in store obviously, but I think they'll manage it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,832 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Its blooming great for Spurs 4th place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭Telgere

Spurs
    Who would have predicted Spurs getting 6 from Arsenal and Chelsea. Really hit a nice run of form in the last few months. 25 points from a possible 33 is remarkable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement