Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Race for 4th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

flahavaj wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^

LOL, misses being a mod.:pac:

Not in the slightest, saves me having to deal with dribblers on a daily basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Manchester City
    Not in the slightest, saves me having to deal with dribblers on a daily basis.

Leave BERBA out of this.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Spurs
    Big day for Liverpool today.......

City doin' nicely, should be an interesting few weeks.. Tbh, it's too close to call but 'pool in serious grief if they don't nail Birmingham:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Realism.

Come on now.

Jeez not a word out of BERBA, he only seems to come in here to mouth off on that rare occasion that Spurs are actually doing well.:pac:

Liverpool still favourites IMO, City have United, Villa, Arse and Spurs all to play in a row.

Never doubted Pool all season tbh.

Villa have the same points as Liverpool so if you want to say realism, it's realism to not include Liverpool then.

Manchester City
    JPA wrote: »
    Villa have the same points as Liverpool so if you want to say realism, it's realism to not include Liverpool then.

Ye have the same points as Pool alright.

But realistically Pool are much much more likely to challenge for 4th, in fact I have them as favourites for the CL spot

Ye are going to finish 7th, if not 8th. Theres more chance of Everton pipping ye to 7th than ye finishing 4th tbh.

I admire and understand your optimism, but I disagree heartily with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Manchester City
    Keep posting man ^^^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Spurs
    I always had a soft spot for Sunderland :D

Now for Brum to frustrate Pool then roll over against us next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Manchester City
    JPA wrote: »

Looking at the table and the run in, I think Spurs and City need to be more than 4 and 5 points ahead, with the same games played. Villa and Liverpool will make up that gap with an easier run in.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Manchester City
    Keep posting man ^^^^

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Ye have the same points as Pool alright.

But realistically Pool are much much more likely to challenge for 4th, in fact I have them as favourites for the CL spot

Ye are going to finish 7th, if not 8th. Theres more chance of Everton pipping ye to 7th than ye finishing 4th tbh.

I admire and understand your optimism, but I disagree heartily with it.

your attempts to draw me out wont work flah :pac::pac:

UTV
    Flahavaj wrote:

he agree's with you re Villa confusing aint it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Manchester City

I enjoy your posts

Manchester City
    your attempts to draw me out wont work flah :pac::pac:

UTV

he agree's with you re Villa confusing aint it ;)

Ah OK, a bit fuzzy today in the ceann.

Also don't ban me from PW until I have the draft won.:pac:
    I enjoy your posts

Me too tbh.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Manchester City
    Spurs, you silly boys. You now need results against the top 3, I'd say at least 4 points, which is just ****ing stupid! Going to be very very very very tight now.

Manchester City
    PHB wrote: »
    Spurs, you silly boys. You now need results against the top 3, I'd say at least 4 points, which is just ****ing stupid! Going to be very very very very tight now.

Yep, looking at the run in, I'd put them 4th favourites. City Away as well, ideally they'll draw and let Pool in! :p

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭Former Great

Well lads what u reckon now , im still confident of liverpool doing it..I think they l win all there remaining games and hopefully hand utd the title by beating chelsea....:)

• Advertisement

Manchester City
    Still think Pool will do it.

they've gained apoint on Spurs but slipped two further behind City.

City will drop a lots of points in their remaining games, they're pretty much all tough matches.

And Spurs looked tire against Sunderland, they'll drop at least 6 against the big 3 IMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Spurs

they've gained apoint on Spurs but slipped two further behind City.

City will drop a lots of points in their remaining games, they're pretty much all tough matches.

And Spurs looked tire against Sunderland, they'll drop at least 6 against the big 3 IMO.

Tough matches maybe but most are at home and considering City's home record then it's reason enough to be positive from a City point of view. City can definitely win 3 of their final 6. And we seem to up our game when we play big matches. Of course we could still **** it up but I'm more optimistic now than I have been in recent weeks.

Manchester City
    karma_ wrote: »
    Tough matches maybe but most are at home and considering City's home record then it's reason enough to be positive from a City point of view. City can definitely win 3 of their final 6. And we seem to up our game when we play big matches. Of course we could still **** it up but I'm more optimistic now than I have been in recent weeks.

Mancini worries me to be honest and his over defensive nature.

Plus we have to bear in mind this is City and City will always find a way to make things as hard for themselves as possible.:pac:

Either way this is going right down to the last day of the season i think.

Will be an epic last day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

QUOTE]

Comedian right?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭Former Great

BERBA wrote: »

QUOTE]

The pool will do it , city and spurs will poo in there pants...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Yikes, I'm just seeing City have United, Arsenal, Villa and Spurs to play. The other 2 games are Brum and West Ham, the latter of which could be scrapping for their premiership existence come the final day.

Wouldn't be surprised if they were to only get 3-5 points out of that run in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Spurs

'If' City take 9 points from their last 6 matches, which is very possible considering 4 of those 6 matches are at COMS, then even if Liverpool win 4 of their last 5 they will still be 1pt behind. Is Liverpool's form that good? Personally I doubt it.

Manchester City

QUOTE]

No. Was looking for you yesterday when your boys sh*t their pants.

But not a sign of you anywhere.

Liverpool gained a point on your lot this weekend.

City are favs now , pool wont win their last five games especially if chelski have something to play for at anfield.

Manchester City

City are favs now , pool wont win their last five games especially if chelski have something to play for at anfield.

They may not have to the way this race for 4th has gone. I expcect both City and Spurs to drop a lot of points in the run in, they both have very hard matches coming up.

They may not have to the way this race for 4th has gone. I expcect both City and Spurs to drop a lot of points in the run in, they both have very hard matches coming up.

Back to wembley next weekend for us , Fergie has your boys away at blackburn , i know where id rather be :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Manchester City
    Lads, fix the quotes...fierce annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Plus we have to bear in mind this is City and City will always find a way to make things as hard for themselves as possible.:pac:

ditto villa, spurs and the scouse this season though

clearly nobody wants 4th at all. we've had our collapse, spurs dropped the ball at the weekend, so its bound to be city messing up next. liverpool have just been consistently inconsistent - theyve never really put together a run like the other teams have, but theyre still in the shake up

says more about how overrated the premiership is as a whole than the quality of liverpool imo

Manchester City
    jasonorr wrote: »
    Lads, fix the quotes...fierce annoying!

BERBA broke the board.

Manchester City
    Back to wembley next weekend for us , Fergie has your boys away at blackburn , i know where id rather be :D

You wouldn't like to be challenging for the title?:confused:

Good lad.

• Advertisement

Manchester City
    Helix wrote: »
    ditto villa, spurs and the scouse this season though

clearly nobody wants 4th at all. we've had our collapse, spurs dropped the ball at the weekend, so its bound to be city messing up next. liverpool have just been consistently inconsistent - theyve never really put together a run like the other teams have, but theyre still in the shake up

says more about how overrated the premiership is as a whole than the quality of liverpool imo

City will mess up because its in their DNA to do so.:pac:

As you say it says a lot about City/Villa/Spurs that they've failed to capitalise properlky on Liverpool's general awfulness. They should be dead and buried long ago.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

how many more points can Liverpool realistically afford to drop between now and the end of the season and still have a shot at 4th? because given their form over the majority of the season it wont be zero pts dropped.

Manchester City
    City will mess up because its in their DNA to do so.:pac:

As you say it says a lot about City/Villa/Spurs that they've failed to capitalise properlky on Liverpool's general awfulness. They should be dead and buried long ago.

Yet the chances are the 4 teams will be in or around the 68 point mark. Madness.

Spurs
    As Flahavaj has repeatedly pointed out, it's City's at the moment to throw away or fcuk up:D

or hopefully get!!!

Exciting, nervy games ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

A lot of people mention how bad Liverpool have been this season but what struck me is that there terrible form in the champions league gave the impression of a much worse season then they have actually had I remember they had a kak record something like one win in ten with most of the defeats being in europe and the league cup. There main problem is just there inconsistency in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

As a united fan I'd love to see spurs hold onto 4th but I think city will just edge past them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

As a united fan I'd love to see spurs hold onto 4th but I think city will just edge past them
    Id like to see the Spuds get 4th this season and Im an arsenal supporter.

And I'd love to see them draw Barcelona in the group stages!!

Manchester City
    FearDark wrote: »
    Id like to see the Spuds get 4th this season and Im an arsenal supporter.

And I'd love to see them draw Barcelona in the group stages!!

Spurs would be my preference too. Pile the misery on the Scousers and slow down City's inevitable progress.

Spurs would be my preference too. Pile the misery on the Scousers and slow down City's inevitable progress.

Ye if it came down to city and liverpool i'd probably want the scousers to get it and keep the fat spanish waiter in his job, city could attract some proper star names if they got 4th

• Advertisement

Spurs
    Ye if it came down to city and liverpool i'd probably want the scousers to get it and keep the fat spanish waiter in his job, city could attract some proper star names if they got 4th

That would definitely put the frighteners on some people for next year......;)

Manchester City

I am really torn if it comes to a straight choice between City and Liverpool tbh.

Obviously City getting it speeds up their development, but its hard to go against a lifetime of enjoying the Scousers' misery.

If you put a gun to my head I'd say I'd rather City get it, simply because they're going to get it eventually anyway, if not this year then definitely in the next few.

Spurs
    I am really torn if it comes to a straight choice between City and Liverpool tbh.

Obviously City getting it speeds up their development, but its hard to go against a lifetime of enjoying the Scousers' misery.

If you put a gun to my head I'd say I'd rather City get it, simply because they're going to get it eventually anyway, if not this year then definitely in the next few.

Torn myself, obviously as a city fan I want us to get it but have secondarily followed the pool 'cos of husband. Would be hard to enjoy any champs league football next year with him looking on all forlorn-like:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

fat spanish waiter

I spit coffee over the keys of my laptop, thanks!

But in all seriousness, love to see Spurs get it. Mainly because Spurs have played some nice football this year, I quite like arry as a manager. Wouldnt like Man City to get 4th because, well because they are a small club who just got megabucks from nowhere to buy themselves success.

Aaaand finally I wouldnt like to see the pool get it because they have played utter cack this season and if its a choice for RTE/TV3 to show Arsenal champs lge games or Pool games, they will always go with the Pool. Plus I detest watching them play, theyre horrendous to watch.

Yes, a lot of non related football reasons there!

I can see where you're coming from but to be honest I think the longer liverpool have benitez the better, if they were to get a better manager I think they could potentially be a very good team compared to the shambles of one they are this year

Manchester City
    Torn myself, obviously as a city fan I want us to get it but have secondarily followed the pool 'cos of husband. Would be hard to enjoy any champs league football next year with him looking on all forlorn-like:eek:

Once that music hits and you see your boys lined up with the CL anthem blaring you'll soon forget his misery.;)

And in fairness he's had years of it at this stage, I'm sure he woudln't begrudge you your day!

• Advertisement

Manchester City
    I can see where you're coming from but to be honest I think the longer liverpool have benitez the better, if they were to get a better manager I think they could potentially be a very good team compared to the shambles of one they are this year

There is no better manager that they could realistically attract IMO.

Spurs
    Once that music hits and you see your boys lined up with the CL anthem blaring you'll soon forget his misery.;)

And in fairness he's had years of it at this stage, I'm sure he woudln't begrudge you your day!

God, I hope so...........
    This champs league business could turn out to be a marriage deal breaker, would be a shame after almost 20 years and 4 kids, but ya know, club b4 country/marriage!!!!!!:D

Seriously tho', hope we can do it even if I did comment watching Barca the last night that I wasn't sure if I wanted to see City ever play against them:eek:. Scary prospect!!

Rafa is undoubtedly a talented manager his record at Valencia and Liverpool proves that but he has completely lost the plot this season and I feel a few of the senior players are starting to turn against him, just look at gerrard's reaction when torres was subbed today. With the current ownership at the club it would be difficult to attract a truly top class manager but surely they can do better than benitez ?

Spurs

Flahavaj, You are a shocking riser:D:D
    Fair play to ya!!

Manchester City
    Flahavaj, You are a shocking riser:D:D
    Fair play to ya!!

I do enjoy a good aul rise every now and again, but in this case I'm 100% serious.

For all the abuse Liverpool fans give Rafa, I can't think of a manager who'll do a better for them under the current financial restrictions than he. Straight up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement