Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schmidt & Bender.

Options
  • 10-02-2010 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

The saga continues:rolleyes:

I've changed my mind about bringing a scope in from the States, if I can I'm going to buy one from an Irish dealer, if they can't give me a good price, I'll get it from the UK.

I'm looking for a 3-12x50 PMII LP.

I looked up the S&B site lastnight and found out that Island Sports in Mayo are a S&B dealer.

I phoned them today for a price and was told "we've nothing like that in stock at the moment"

I asked him would they be able to order one in and was told " you'd be waiting until the next stock order and that could be 6-9 months"

Great start:rolleyes:

Anyone recommend a dealer for S&B?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

think i seen one in john o brien's angling and outdoor center in waterford last week , it was defo a s+b pm11 ,just not sure of the magnifacation
    hope this is of help

ian

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

Quite often something on e-gun
    http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=2636017

edi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Irish Springer

try Mervyn Young in castledawson, remember him saying that he deal's with S & B.
    http://www.young-guns.org.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

the best ya can do for yourself is ring around every dealer and get a price
    and id start with john lambert in wexford
    i got my pm11 off him and there was a difference of 500 e between his price and a price i got off a supposed "agent" for s+b

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭meathshooter1

try http://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/products.asp?cat=Schmidt+Bender+Police+Marksman+11 great optics had an 5x25x56 quality piece of kit you cant go wrong with any s&b glass one of the best on the market also have a look at http://www.rmacleod.co.uk/CUSTOMER%20S_H%20STOCK%20LIST.pdf there worth a ring also good to deal.Zeiss are also very good and swarovski they would be my top 3 also worth comparing beauty is in the eye of the beholder.but the pm2 turret system is great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭yog1

sorry to go off topic a bit, but i was thinking of buying an .204 but i havent a clue about scopes,

my main use will be for fox's and so on but i might take it to a range once in a very rare time (probable for a practice or zero the sights),

i would like somthing that would be good up to 200yrds or so, somthing that you could sight into an inch, (what i mean is when you look down the scope you can see the inch box's that be on the paper tagerets you get for free from http://www.targetz.com/targets05.htm, i normaly use number 10073)

maybe this is overkill (and out of my price league) but the way i look at it is do it once and do it right, and as usual being a farmer i want it for half nothing,, any advice or guideance would be great,,
    thanks
    Yogi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

why arent you going to bring it back from the US if you dont mine me asking ?

If your going to the US you might as well google a dealer in the US before you go, email him and arrange that heh has it for when you come over.

yourself a small fotune even with the weakining € to $.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

I wasnt travelling myself GH, I didnt want to bring any hassle on my friend who had agreed to collect a scope for me.

If I ever go over myself, I'll definitely do a bit of shopping!

After looking at a few sites, there doesnt seem to be much of a price difference on S&B between the UK and the States.

Contacting a few dealers today, I'll let you know how I get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

paul o halloran in drangan in tipperary sells schmidt and bender so he might be worth a try 052 9152112

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

PMII is the best scope I've ever looked through, bar none, without a question of a doubt, but sweet jesus it's heavy. I would put one on a target rifle any day of the week, but I wouldn't cart a lightweight rifle about the country with one on it. This for a target gun or a hunting rifle murph?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

murph226 wrote: »
    The saga continues:rolleyes:

I've changed my mind about bringing a scope in from the States, if I can I'm going to buy one from an Irish dealer, if they can't give me a good price, I'll get it from the UK.

I looked up the S&B site lastnight and found out that Island Sports in Mayo are a S&B dealer.

I phoned them today for a price and was told "we've nothing like that in stock at the moment"

I asked him would they be able to order one in and was told " you'd be waiting until the next stock order and that could be 6-9 months"

Great start:rolleyes:

Thats the bull-S--t you have to deal with in this country, buy it overseas, customer service in ireland my A-s, and they wondering why they are going out of buisness.

PMII is the best scope I've ever looked through, bar none, without a question of a doubt, but sweet jesus it's heavy. I would put one on a target rifle any day of the week, but I wouldn't cart a lightweight rifle about the country with one on it. This for a target gun or a hunting rifle murph?

Bit of both, mostly hunting with a bit of informal target shooting.

Thats the bull-S--t you have to deal with in this country, buy it overseas, customer service in ireland my A-s, and they wondering why they are going out of buisness.

Thats exactly what I thought, I wonder would S&B still have them on their site as a dealer if they new that was the kind of service they are providing:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Bit of both, mostly hunting with a bit of informal target shooting.

Hmm, if it's primarily hunting, what turns you off something like the Klassik or Varmint ranges? They're significantly lighter, but still offer a hell of a lot in terms of scope. I've a Varmint 4-16x50 on my .25-06. It's no lightweight either, but it's nothing like a PMII, and it's about as heavy as I'd go on a hunting rifle. You're more than welcome to have a gawk through it if you want. The glass is as good, you just don't have the 34mm tube and the epic elevation range or the quick and easy controls. The other thing is that you might want to consider a second focal plane scope if you're going to do any real target shooting with it. The Varmint reticle in mine is extremely fine, but it's still got a dot in the centre which is about 0.5 MOA, which occludes a lot of a one inch aiming mark at full power, which wouldn't be the case if it were second focal plane. The PMII has second focal plane models, while the others don't to my recollection. Have you considered a Swarovski? I saw a Nice Swarovski PV 4-16x50 with a TDS4 reticle in John Lambert's the other day. It may or may not have been for sale as it was sitting on a shelf and definitely used, but it might be worth giving him a shout. For my money, that'd be a better call for you. Absolutely cracking scope too. Was going to buy one before I stumbled across what I'm using.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

S&B have just streamlined their distribution for the UK - the sole importer will be York Guns.

Island Sports has held the Irish agency.

How it takes 6 months to get a scope from Germany is beyond me. It's not very 'German' me thinks.

On a premium scope like that there has to be a few quid in it, especially as they are the main importer for Ireland. I'd be breaking my next to get one ordered if I was getting a sale like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Rosahane

There is a new PM II for sale in Hilltop. I think it's a 4-16X50 which isn't quite what you were looking for but it is some piece of kit:cool:
    I debated getting it but it would have been overkill on a deer rifle so I went went for a 2.5-10X56 illuminated instead:D

If you are attending the NASRPC competition at the weekend you could take it out for a cuddle;)

Rosahane wrote: »
    There is a new PM II for sale in Hilltop. I think it's a 4-16X50 which isn't quite what you were looking for but it is some piece of kit:cool:
    I debated getting it but it would have been overkill on a deer rifle so I went went for a 2.5-10X56 illuminated instead:D

If you are attending the NASRPC competition at the weekend you could take it out for a cuddle;)

Cheers Rosahane, any idea on price and was it illuminated?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭smallfry

Hi Murph, I'd just like to say that I've had a lot of dealings with Island Sports over the years, and I couldn't recommend them enough...
    I have two S&B 3-12X50 P3's, they're a fantastic piece of equipment and the way I look at it a good investment.
    I put one on my Rem 700 .223 and six months later I bought another one for a Heym .270. Both guns I bought in Island Sports also.
    I always price around and have been happy enough with the deals
    in there.

Either way I can say the Schmidt & Bender scopes are top class...

smallfry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Cheers Rosahane, any idea on price and was it illuminated?

Yes, it is illuminated - very snazzy mini cross hair :cool:

Can't remember the price but PM II are expensive - give Pat in Hilltop a ring he is always open to a bit of bargaining;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

endasmail wrote: »
    the best ya can do for yourself is ring around every dealer and get a price
    and id start with john lambert in wexford
    i got my pm11 off him and there was a difference of 500 e between his price and a price i got off a supposed "agent" for s+b

Have you got number for him-

thanks
    regards ivan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 centre

donal mccloys guns unlimited in toomebridge,Antrim, have a huge range of s&b ask for Eunan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

Have you got number for him-

thanks
    regards ivan

sorrry for delay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

centre wrote: »
    donal mccloys guns unlimited in toomebridge,Antrim, have a huge range of s&b ask for Eunan

Def ask for Eunan or Peadar... If Donal comes on just hang up.

Advertisement