Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help looking for Sneider Weiss, krystal

Options
  • 11-02-2010 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

its a lovely german beer that my partner adores. trying to find a pub that serves it or an off licence to buy a few bottles. can anyone recommend anywhere?? sorry should have said, Im in dublin
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

ask yerman on the sean moncrieff show tomorrow

newstalk 14.30 - 16.30

Glad to help!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

ask yerman on the sean moncrieff show tomorrow

newstalk 14.30 - 16.30

Glad to help!

Look Sean...

you've been warned about this before..
    People get banned for spamming here ya know??

Op.. You might get an actual answer Here.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

Weiss ??? He went on loan to bolton wanderers last month

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Moved From AHs.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭hideous ape

Ya it's a nice beer and it's been difficult to find since the main importer went bust.
    This is the reason I can't get my favourite beer in Cork but not sure about elsewhere:

Eurobeers gone into liquidation

http://www.barkeeper.ie/News_Item.asp?News_ID=1021

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

OP, it would help if you told us where you live. In Dublin it's commonly available in Superquinn, and the better beer off licences will usually have it. I'd say it's probably sold in The Porterhouse and Bull & Castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

bounci wrote: »
    its a lovely german beer that my partner adores. trying to find a pub that serves it or an off licence to buy a few bottles. can anyone recommend anywhere??

An alternative method is to buy the standard Weiss and give it a week in the fridge for the yeast to drop out

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

You sure? They're very different colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

BeerNut wrote: »
    You sure? They're very different colours.

Filtration will strip out some color, can''t replicate that

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Interestingly enough, I bought a box of the large 750ml bottles of Hoegaarden when Lidl where selling them cheap before Christmas, and I left them under the stairs and forgot about them. Was really surprised at how much clearer it had become due to settling. Turning the bottles upsidedown a couple of times fixed that though. I must actually try some without rousing the sediment to see if the taste is any different.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Hairy MustDash

These guys have it and it's on special too! ;)

http://www.drinkstore.ie/store/product/1443/SCHNEIDER-KRISTAL-500ML-/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭donaghs

Where in Dublin roughly? I've seen it in Carvills Camden St D2, Redmonds Ranelagh D6, McHughs Artane and Kilbarrack. But you might want to phone ahead as they may be out of stock. The original version is nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Ya it's a nice beer and it's been difficult to find since the main importer went bust.
    This is the reason I can't get my favourite beer in Cork but not sure about elsewhere
    I was in the Franciscan Well brew pub on North Mall two weeks ago, and i'm sure i saw a guy drinking the Kristal version.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Pretty sure Devenys dundrum stock it, give them a buzz

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

http://www.crdrinks.com/index.htm

These guys import it now.
    The'll be able to tell you where they supply.

Some awful grammar on their home page, though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

O'Neills on the South Circular Road (opposite Griffith College) have it. On special, 5 bottles for €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭donaghs

Saw it in Superquinn in Sutton on Friday - Kristal and Original.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭hideous ape

grenache wrote: »
    I was in the Franciscan Well brew pub on North Mall two weeks ago, and i'm sure i saw a guy drinking the Kristal version.

Ya it's still available in some pubs alright but I was hoping for an off-license or shop that sells it. A few months ago it was available in the Old Oak and Crane Lane but not sure about now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

bounci wrote: »
    its a lovely german beer that my partner adores. trying to find a pub that serves it or an off licence to buy a few bottles. can anyone recommend anywhere?? sorry should have said, Im in dublin
    Bull and castle ...Christ Church.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Ya it's still available in some pubs alright but I was hoping for an off-license or shop that sells it. A few months ago it was available in the Old Oak and Crane Lane but not sure about now.

Might still be in the Oak but not in the Crane (they switched to Weihenstephaner but don't stock the dunkle which is most like Schneider Original:mad:) The Bierhaus also stock Schneider.

As for offies in Cork, I'd try Bradley's on North Main Street.
    I think I saw it in Supervalue in Merchant's quay some time ago too.
    The Abbot's have Schneider Hopfenweiss and Aventinus but I don't think they have the others.

• Advertisement

They have it in the abbots ale house, saw it there on sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 metca

Advertisement