Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun Laoghaire grandparents need playpal(s) for 5 yr old

Options
  • 11-02-2010 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

We take care of our grandson and it's great except at weekends we'd love if he had someone in the area as a playpal. Anyone else with a kid similar age be interested in arranging occasional get together? Love to hear
    Regards
    Reg

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Can he invite friends from school over for play dates?
    There might be junior football or something that you could bring him too at weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Playdates from school could be a good idea.

I have a 5 year old in Dun Laoghaire and we're in the same boat, noone to play with at weekends. What area are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 handtight

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Can he invite friends from school over for play dates?
    There might be junior football or something that you could bring him too at weekends.

Agree except we don't have that much contact with parents at school right now. Of course it's early days as he's only in Junior Infants since Sept. I expect as time goes on it'll be easier to identify kids he gets on with and take it from there.
    Wouldn't he be a bit young for football? my own kids didn't start till they were 8 plus.

LadyE: Really appreciate the offer, will PM with my details see if we can work something out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dafa

A good way to get to know other kids is through extra ciricular activities. Dun Loaghaire is a great area for sport, try bringing him to football - joey's boys in Sallynoggin is a great club. You could try swimming lessons in monkstown he'd get to know people through that.

Then to organise a playdate the best way to do it is ask him who his best friend in school is then get him to say it to the friend to ask if he can come over and if it's ok to get a number. Or discuss with his teacher.

Good luck

Advertisement