Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul Reynolds talk 10/1/09

• 11-02-2010 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

thoroughly uninspiring talk tonight from Paul Reynolds in the main building tonight.

I went (naively) expecting at most an engaging speech on the current state of organised crime in Ireland and at the very least expecting some commentary on the impact of new gangland legislation(it was organised by the law soc), what I got was 45 minutes of pub standard spiel and various snippets of inaccurate and outdated criminal gossip.

A short synopsis of Mr Reynolds talk:

Drugs = Bad
    Poverty = bad
    Organised Crime = Organised

Is it a pre-requisite of employment with RTE that you have an overinflated sense of your own intelligence? Messrs. Reynolds and Lee would lead me to believe that.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

I wasn't able to go...tell me it was better than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭questioner

I wish I wasn't able to go. Honestly it was murderously dull. Maybe some others will disagree with me - for once I couldnt be arsed arguing the point , but I thought it was just crap. being twenty minutes late didnt endear me to him either.

whatever it was you were doing you can be sure it was more entertaining than that.

I think the journalism school have a series of speakers lined up, some of them seemed interesting when I was looking at the schedule - cant remember who they are or even where I saw the info though :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭not bakunin

Yeah the Journalism department are running a seminar series this semester featuring some industry experts etc. I was at Fintan O'Toole last week, it was fantastic. However, they may be tricky enough to get into, I think preference is given to the journalism students and I don't know how publicised they are.

I was annoyed I had missed Reynolds, but I'm glad I didn't turn up now!

Advertisement