Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whole Lobster resteraunt?

Options
  • 11-02-2010 1:36am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I was just wondering if there was a list of resteraunts in dublin that do fresh whole lobster? you know the type :) one of those big juicy fresh ones you see on the tv. me and a friend have both made a new years resolution that we are going to have a lobster dinner and we both realise the expense of it :eek:

having trouble finding places on the net so I thought Id ask the good people here on boards for info. found a place in ballsbridge (the lobster pot) which would be near enough to both of us but Id like to hear about more places and if they would be good/bad. any info would help.
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

You could try the Lord Edward seafood restuarant - top floor of the Lord Edward pub opposite Christchurch Cathedral. Excellent lobster and a good pint!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Has to be the King Sitric in Howth or the Lobster Pot in Ballsbridge really, doesn't it?
    This might suit, from King Sitrics' a-la-carte menu:
    Lobster Share (2 persons)
    Experience the distinctly different tastes of Lobster Steamed, Grilled & in a Dublin Lawyer Sauce €115.00

Must admit I had to search the interweb for an explanation of 'Dublin Lawyer sauce'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

The Guinea Pig in Dalkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Whole Lobster in Ivans in Howth for €50

http://www.ivans.ie/grill.html

And there's a Lobster menu at Aqua, further down the pier, but it says not available for the winter. Don't know when the lobster season starts.

http://www.aqua.ie/lobster-menu.asp

Advertisement