Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Velux window and remote control blinds ??

Options
  • 11-02-2010 3:00am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,just wondering,can I fit these fancy Velux remote control venetian blinds on my Velux manual operated roof windows?

I want to be able to control the amount of light comming in,but I dont want to have to get up out of bed and manually close or open the blinds each time.

So can I put these remote control blinds on my manual/normal Velux roof window?

Also how do they actually work,do they need to be actually wired up to an electrical supply or are they just battery operated and with the remote control?

Thanks.:)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Anyone??:confused:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Paddy there a 2 types:

Type 1:

This system needs to be installed when the Vellux window goes in as there is a bit of wiring associated with it. It is a great jod when it is done. I installed a few of them in the past.

Type 2:

These can be installed at any stage. It takes about 30 minutes and they work from internal batteries. Expect the batteries to last abou 1 year.

Both types are very good quality, expensive and easy to install. I bought type 2 online form Belgium, it was cheaper.

You need to get the code on the window before ordering.

2011 wrote: »
    Paddy there a 2 types:

Type 1:

This system needs to be installed when the Vellux window goes in as there is a bit of wiring associated with it. It is a great jod when it is done. I installed a few of them in the past.

Type 2:

These can be installed at any stage. It takes about 30 minutes and they work from internal batteries. Expect the batteries to last abou 1 year.

Both types are very good quality, expensive and easy to install. I bought type 2 online form Belgium, it was cheaper.

You need to get the code on the window before ordering.

Thankyou for the advice..

Can you tell me more about Type 2 please?

They are just operated by a battery in the blind and a remote control and dont need any actual hard wiring?

If so,then that would suit me.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

They are just operated by a battery in the blind and a remote control and dont need any actual hard wiring?

Exactly.

2011 wrote: »
    Exactly.

Great,just what Im looking for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement