Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mode not supported?

• 11-02-2010 3:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

hi everyone, i was playing bioshock 2 tonight when the sound started to get really low then the colour started to get all weird on my samsung tv and then the tele went black and a message came up saying mode not supported. i have my 360 connected to my tele by hdmi and ive tried other websites to get a solution but none of them work, any idea whats going on? thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Id had the same problem,

Your TV might not be able to handle 1080P, so you will have to change the settings on xbox to 1080i.

Thats what my problem was, hope it works for ya.

EDIT: you will have to change the settings while conected with HDMI, i know its stupid, but if this is the case, you will have to plug it up to another TV and make the changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Yep, as above, I've a Samsung also. If you try 1080p, or a resolution on the PC which it doesn't like, you'll see "Mode Not Supported". You'll have to change it on the 360 under System Settings, and your sorted.

1080i performs much better than 720p on my tv anyways. I find 720p leaves behind a lot of motion blur which drives me mental, especially when running in the shade on FIFA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

This is a tv problem...
    Not an xbox problem.

HxGH wrote: »
    This is a tv problem...
    Not an xbox problem.

Well, thats about as helpful as a kick in the fcuking sack.

Its common to have display problems which are the 360s fault. I've seen that message displayed before when it WAS an xbox problem, not the TV, but the TV is always the first thing to try, hence the suggestions above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

Darksaga87 wrote: »

EDIT: you will have to change the settings while conected with HDMI, i know its stupid, but if this is the case, you will have to plug it up to another TV and make the changes.

You can reset your video setting with the joy pad, just hold down (LT,RT,Y) when you power up the console! Then just change your rez to 720p or whatever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Cool, didnt know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

thanks everyone, nothing seems to be working it dosent work on my other tele either i might have to send this away to be fixed

thanks everyone, nothing seems to be working it dosent work on my other tele either i might have to send this away to be fixed

Same thing happened my mates 360, when he plugged out the component cable from his 360, you could get a smell of burning - not sure if it was supposed to be like that as I don't go around smelling ports usually :pac:.

All the setting were right on the Xbox too. It needs a proper repair I'd say.

Advertisement