Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Israel wants to exterminate the palestinians

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Errr, hang on Mr. Time Magazine

While I get your point about photos, nonetheless this is really shocking stuff that I personally had not known about, and the fact that holocaust survivors are trying to put out awareness of these atrocities has to mean something.

I have jewish friends who have served in the Israeli army, and when I met up with them a few years back all they could talk about was the size of their guns and their god given mission to claim their homeland.

Being ultra aware of the 20th century history I said nothing- thinking no wonder. But now, since reading this thread I am beginning to think that its a bit like the cycle that happens when the abused becomes the abuser?

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Darlughda wrote: »

I have jewish friends who have served in the Israeli army, and when I met up with them a few years back all they could talk about was the size of their guns and their god given mission to claim their homeland.

You should ask them about their IDF graduation shirts.

Ishot2kills.jpg
    A T-shirt printed at the request of an IDF soldier in the sniper unit reading 'I shot two kills.'
    0.gif

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Dead babies, mothers weeping on their children's graves, a gun aimed at a child and bombed-out mosques - these are a few examples of the images Israel Defense Forces soldiers design these days to print on shirts they order to mark the end of training, or of field duty. The slogans accompanying the drawings are not exactly anemic either:

• A T-shirt for infantry snipers bears the inscription "Better use Durex," next to a picture of a dead Palestinian baby, with his weeping mother and a teddy bear beside him.
    • A sharpshooter's T-shirt from the Givati Brigade's Shaked battalion shows a pregnant Palestinian woman with a bull's-eye superimposed on her belly, with the slogan, in English, "1 shot, 2 kills."
    • A "graduation" shirt for those who have completed another snipers course depicts a Palestinian baby, who grows into a combative boy and then an armed adult, with the inscription, "No matter how it begins, we'll put an end to it."
    • There are also plenty of shirts with blatant sexual messages. For example, the Lavi battalion produced a shirt featuring a drawing of a soldier next to a young woman with bruises, and the slogan, "Bet you got raped!"
    • The slogan "Let every Arab mother know that her son's fate is in my hands!" had previously been banned for use on another infantry unit's shirt. A Givati soldier said this week, however, that at the end of last year, his platoon printed up dozens of shirts, fleece jackets and pants bearing this slogan.
    • "It has a drawing depicting a soldier as the Angel of Death, next to a gun and an Arab town," he explains. "The text was very powerful. The funniest part was that when our soldier came to get the shirts, the man who printed them was an Arab, and the soldier felt so bad that he told the girl at the counter to bring them to him."
    • In 2006, soldiers from the "Carmon Team" course for elite-unit marksmen printed a shirt with a drawing of a knife-wielding Palestinian in the crosshairs of a gun sight, and the slogan, "You've got to run fast, run fast, run fast, before it's all over." Below is a drawing of Arab women weeping over a grave and the words: "And afterward they cry, and afterward they cry." [The inscriptions are riffs on a popular song.]
    • Another sniper's shirt also features an Arab man in the crosshairs, and the announcement, "Everything is with the best of intentions."
    • What is the idea behind the shirt from July 2007, which has an image of a child with the slogan "Smaller - harder!"?..."It's a kid, so you've got a little more of a problem, morally, and also the target is smaller."
    • A shirt printed up just this week for soldiers of the Lavi battalion, who spent three years in the West Bank, reads: "We came, we saw, we destroyed!" - alongside images of weapons, an angry soldier and a Palestinian village with a ruined mosque in the center.
    • A shirt printed after Operation Cast Lead in Gaza for Battalion 890 of the Paratroops depicts a King Kong-like soldier in a city under attack. The slogan is unambiguous: "If you believe it can be fixed, then believe it can be destroyed!"
    • There's a Golani or Givati shirt of a soldier raping a girl, and underneath it says, 'No virgins, no terror attacks.'

Sociologist Dr. Orna Sasson-Levy, of Bar-Ilan University,..."There is a perception that the Palestinian is not a person, a human being entitled to basic rights, and therefore anything may be done to him."

Full article: http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1072466.html (Israeli Daily).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Darlughda wrote: »
    Errr, hang on Mr. Time Magazine

While I get your point about photos, nonetheless this is really shocking stuff that I personally had not known about, and the fact that holocaust survivors are trying to put out awareness of these atrocities has to mean something.
    I don't really give a **** if Holocaust survivors are calling the actions of the Israeli government this, that or the other; what matters is what they're actually doing. Are they actually shipping millions of Palestinians to camps to gas them to death? No, they're not. I never said that the actions of the Israeli government weren't shocking, nor did I say that they're justifiable. How someone thinks that can extend to saying a Holocaust is occurring I do not know.
    Welcome to the world of soldiers. That does not make them Nazis. Read the comments of US Marines, guys in the IRA, members of the British Air Force, Nazis, Communists, Israeli Defence Forces, Hamas, Viet Cong, Al-Qaeda, Tamil Tigers... you name it... they'll all talk about their glorious fight to protect their homeland. This line of thinking is no more fascist as it is communist or islamist or republican.
    Being ultra aware of the 20th century history I said nothing- thinking no wonder. But now, since reading this thread I am beginning to think that its a bit like the cycle that happens when the abused becomes the abuser?
    The issue here is that people who are aware of the 20th century history will almost always try and compare something to Hitler. It's a ridiculous phenomenon. For a more accurate (although still ridiculous) analogy, compare Israel to Cromwellian Britain. And as much a prick as he was, Cromwell was a different animal to Hitler. The Israelis have nukes, they really can wipe out nations if they want. They don't. They could double their landmass in a week. They don't. They are not genocidal and they are not seeking lebensraum. That's not to say what they're doing is right, but comparing the actions of the Israeli government to Nazi Germany goes beyond ridiculous and becomes a parody of itself. The depth of ignorance and stupidity needed to make such a comparison is breath-taking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

I don't really give a **** if Holocaust survivors are calling the actions of the Israeli government this, that or the other; what matters is what they're actually doing. Are they actually shipping millions of Palestinians to camps to gas them to death? No, they're not. I never said that the actions of the Israeli government weren't shocking, nor did I say that they're justifiable. How someone thinks that can extend to saying a Holocaust is occurring I do not know.

Welcome to the world of soldiers. That does not make them Nazis. Read the comments of US Marines, guys in the IRA, members of the British Air Force, Nazis, Communists, Israeli Defence Forces, Hamas, Viet Cong, Al-Qaeda, Tamil Tigers... you name it... they'll all talk about their glorious fight to protect their homeland. This line of thinking is no more fascist as it is communist or islamist or republican.

The issue here is that people who are aware of the 20th century history will almost always try and compare something to Hitler. It's a ridiculous phenomenon. For a more accurate (although still ridiculous) analogy, compare Israel to Cromwellian Britain. And as much a prick as he was, Cromwell was a different animal to Hitler. The Israelis have nukes, they really can wipe out nations if they want. They don't. They could double their landmass in a week. They don't. They are not genocidal and they are not seeking lebensraum. That's not to say what they're doing is right, but comparing the actions of the Israeli government to Nazi Germany goes beyond ridiculous and becomes a parody of itself. The depth of ignorance and stupidity needed to make such a comparison is breath-taking.

Still makes them DIRTY FILTHY SCUM, you could thank us and give us credit for not kicking in your door, killing you and taking your home and anything else of value you might have, but why should you, so why should we give these basstards credit for not nuking or making another land grab?, and by the way Gaza is a little too close to home for nuking don't you think?, actually it would be more humane of Israel if they were to nuke Gaza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

uprising2 wrote: »
    Still makes them DIRTY FILTHY SCUM
    Lol. You wrote in capital letters, so even though you're missing the point I give up and will let you have the last say.

I'm closing this thread.

There have been a lot of inappropriate comments posted lately, and I can see such comments being posted again. More specifically, I'm closing it as there isn't actually a conspiracy being discussed; the discussion seems to be focused around a hatred of Israel and the Israelis, which is something I don't want in this forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement