Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a receiver for Hotbird

• 11-02-2010 5:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

I have an unused satellite dish pointing in the Hotbird direction that I would like to make use of. Can anyone recommend a suitable receiver box? Is there a freesat or freesat hd feed on that satellite? I have read that I could get a HD sub from Canal+ or Sky Italia but I already have SkyHD here so wouldn't fancy any more subscriptions. However I don't intend to keep SkyHD.

I'm very clueless about all of this.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

You will find very little in the way of Free to Air english content on Hotbird. The majoritry of channels are aimed at the French, Polish, Italian and Arabic speaking countries.

The subscription providers have english audio on their channels (well most of them do, Sky Italia, Some CYFRA+ channels and others which will come to me after I wake up!)

You say you wish to get rid of SKY HD, a cyfra+ HD sub is cheap enough i think and has movie channels and sports. There are a few members on this forum who have cyfra and can advise better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

What would I get if I bought an Azbox HD and connected it to Hotbird?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

Gebbel, PM sent.

Brian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

You wouldn't get anything but the FTA channels or whatever subscription package you have.

There are no FTA HD channels on Hotbird. Well maybe Luxe TV nut we all know that is a load of bollox!

Here is a list of FTA channels on Hotbird.

http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-13E-fta_eng.php

Advertisement