Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maintaining a DJM mixer

Options
  • 11-02-2010 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

hey lads

i need to do a bit of maintenance on a DJM500 mixer. The outputs are a bit low and i think the connections are a little worn they are in need of some cleaning or replacing. Thats the jack and the XLR outs.

Is it an easy fix? any experience with it? is there someone local in dublin city that offers that service for not too much money?

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,176 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

Step 1:
    Place DJM series mixer in bin

Step 2:
    Buy a mixer that's not awful

Sorry for being so cynical but I'm so tired of fixing broken DJM's now at this stage. They're not worth the hassle of fixing IMO. I'd sooner buy a nice (basic)vestax, rane, ecler, urei, A&H, etc etc than pay to get the djm fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Quiggers

you could try a can of contact cleaner if its just a dirt problem

about €5 from maplin,

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭DIRTY69

thanks for the links lads. anyone have any idea on the cost roughly? i know it varies, just wondering!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,176 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

If they tighten the pots, clean the faders, change the sockets, then 100 wouldnt be unusual. If they have to fix some inner amp stages, maybe a good deal more, in which case, resort to my initial post: best not bother/start saving for a new mixer. Depends on how bad it is, basically.

Advertisement