Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WW 25km (IMRA race)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

just wondering if anyone might be around to run this next Saturday (6th) or even Friday 5th? I can probably organise a car to drop us one end and pick up at the other.

Would love to, but Winter League race on in Maulin on Saturday so duty calls...

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Nialloooo

Maulin on Saturday ,looking forward to it, new garmin ( Had a polar rs200sd with foot pod,but think it will blow up if i keep using it across the rough land)as a added treat to try out :-) , working til 3am fri night dought :-(,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Would love to, but Winter League race on in Maulin on Saturday so duty calls...

Some go-hards are running the Trail on Saturday after Maulin.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

Has anyone got an elevation profile of the route? Not very good at reading the maps on IMRA so just wondering where the big climbs are approximately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,541 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Here's my Garmin log from last year. Click on 'Elevation'. Just bear in mind the race is starting 2 kms further downhill this year, so the initial climb will be an additional 200m higher. If you're doing the Ultra, this is the return leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

Here's my Garmin log from last year. Click on 'Elevation'. Just bear in mind the race is starting 2 kms further downhill this year, so the initial climb will be an additional 200m higher. If you're doing the Ultra, this is the return leg.

Thanks for this KC, looks like the start of the route is tougher than the last few miles. Must remember this.

stmochtas wrote: »
    Thanks for this KC, looks like the start of the route is tougher than the last few miles. Must remember this.
    the initial climb is 200m higher. Of course I meant to say 'The initial climb starts 200m lower down'. Hope to see ya all there at the start line.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Nialloooo

Hi Best of luck to all in this tomorrow , i woke up it sinus infection this morning banging head and nose so cant run.. im gutted was looking forward to it for 2 months, will need to look forward to the LL starting now .. enjoy all

Well done Diarmaid Collins, inaugural (new) route winner today. Good runs too from Jason Kehoe and Leo Murray for 2nd and 3rd respectively.

A fantastic run by Karen Alexander from the Sperrin Runners club in the north gave her 1st lady home - and 5th overall home. She seemed to effortlessly run uphill away from me coming into Curtlestown.

Extra few k worked well I think. It made the bit on the tarmac at the end all the harder though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

MyMojo was second female home! And if only an international racer hadn't turned up she would have been first!

Well done yourself SJ. 6th was it?! Great stuff. Did she pass you just at the end? Curtlestown. Got it!

Bloody Dunebuggy passed me with 2k to go. Unbelievable!

A fantastic run by Karen Alexander from the Sperrin Runners club in the north gave her 1st lady home - and 5th overall home. She seemed to effortlessly run uphill away from me coming into Curtlestown.
    She was incredible. I think I passed her somewhere along the Dargle river...but not for long. She must have run a very evenly-paced race, running up the hills at the same pace as the flats. Inspirational stuff.

Fantastic run by you too Gohard. You looked fresh when we met you just after the turning point, and equally as rested when you crossed the finish line.

Some fab pictures posted on the imra site now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 nailer76

results now up

Another great race well done to all involved today im sure ill feel the effects tomorrow finished in a time of 2 16 looking forward to improving it next year.........:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭mymojo

Fantastic day out! U 50k runners...ur my idols ha! Seriously though wow...I did the 25k and was wrecked...double that..ahhhhh! Fair play! !

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Dunebuggy

Bloody Dunebuggy passed me with 2k to go. Unbelievable!

Thats what happens when you draft someone for 3km along the sleepers on the way out in the Ultra :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement