Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone commute from D8 to Citywest?

Options
  • 11-02-2010 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm investigating a job move, and wondering if anyone living near or in Inchicore may already be commuting to citywest business park at all?

I've been looking at the website etc and it says mortons do a private bus there which passes thru Inchicore, but if that was the "circle line" then according to Mortons website, it's folded. Site also says there's a 69 that goes to it too but I'm not sure as I checked out the route on dublin bus and it says nothing about city west.

Just wondering if anyone currently commutes there, if you take a bus or a luas and then a feeder bus and if so can you advise as to where I'd get some details of same. Thanks - B

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

If you're near the Luas then you can get it to the square and then hop on to a 65B which goes to Citywest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

Thank you! I'll check that out as an option, great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

There is a private bus that runs from the city centre through inchicore out to citywest. It is a Mortons bus, their website is saying the routes are closed, but the citywest route is definitely still running.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I do this trip everyday, but I have a car! It's really quick because you against traffic both in the morning and evening. The luas is probably your best bet and it's due to connect to citywest at some stage this year (work is at a fairy advanced stage).

Thanks lads..yeah that mortons thing is pretty confusing on thier website, it doesn't even give a timetable it just says the service is no longer. Ah I'll feel my way.

Yep great news about the Luas for next year, I'd only have to struggle thru a year of a luas and bus. wouldn't be too hard. Wish I had passed my driving test...emc2 I'd say that it only takes you about 20 mins max, you lucky duck :)

Anyway thank you all, you've helped loads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

Oh yeah, theres a shuttle bus from the square every fifteen minutes morning and evening, so you can still get the luas most of the way..

Yah, luas is really near me too. Not too much of an upheaval then. Ta :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The Luas red-line extension is scheduled for passengers in early 2011. The works are flying along.

The 69 does go through Citywest and you can catch it in Inchicore. It's not the most frequent bus, but it's been reliable when ever I've go it before.

I drive it and it's very handy (no longer than 25 minutes depending on traffic), so I assume it would be even handier going against traffic as you would be.

Thanks Stovelid....will check the 69 route again and times. Luas and 65B is probably quicker. . . I am guessing, but will check that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

There's definitely a private bus that runs. I see it most mornings around 8.15 at Kilmainham Gaol heading towards Inchicore. I think it's Morton's but couldn't swear to it...I'm not at my most observant in the morning!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Babooshka wrote: »
    Thanks Stovelid....will check the 69 route again and times. Luas and 65B is probably quicker. . . I am guessing, but will check that.

I grew up in West Tallaght and the 65B was a brutal service, at least back then. Regular enough but never predictable and prone to showing up late. Maybe it's better these days. Same with the 50 which also passes the Square and terminates in Citywest.

Do a few test runs before you get them.

Advertisement