Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Hori stick on laptop?

Options
  • 11-02-2010 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how to use a Hori ex stick on a laptop for gppo/mame ect? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I can't help much as I don't know the stick but I assume its USB? Is it for the 360 or PS3?

What happens when you plug it in? Any response from the laptop? Does it show up in the control panel? What version of windows are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I had to download this to get mine working on a vista machine

here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I needed a driver to get my hori to work on my laptop. There is a thread on SRK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Sorry for replying so late. Yeah it installed and works fine on GGPO and 2D fighters but M.A.M.E. won't recognise it when I try to configure the input.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Xluna wrote: »
    Sorry for replying so late. Yeah it installed and works fine on GGPO and 2D fighters but M.A.M.E. won't recognise it when I try to configure the input.:(

You could try an app called joy2key. It lets you assign a stick input to a keyboard button. Then you can configure MAME to use keyboard buttons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Got mine workin perfect a while back with something called xpadder, check it out if u havent already sorted it out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Have a similarish question but no need to start a new thread. Will the SFIV Madcatz fightpads work on a Laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Should work straight from the box. But any and all of the links in here will help if it doesnt, my TE worked with no help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Xluna wrote: »

Try mamefx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Have a similarish question but no need to start a new thread. Will the SFIV Madcatz fightpads work on a Laptop?

Yep, you might have to download drivers if it's the Xbox one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement