Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dacent Jeans In Galway

Options
  • 11-02-2010 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Is it possible to get a dacent, stylish pair of jeans in Galway that:
    a. Dont look like they are painted on
    b. Arnt pre-ripped/word/soiled
    c. Arnt Stone-washed or cowboy blue
    c. Dont give you a crotch that makes you look like you are smuggling some puppies in your jocks...

TYIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Michifuz

I know what you mean. Even expensive ones like Levys or Wrangler are designed for teens.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭swe_fi

Fiddlesnap>>> I don't know what your price range / desired fit /build is but try Henleys (across from the shopping centre, don't really like them but they sell what i need). Replay jeans. They cost about €120-150 but they are worth it, last you ages and fit really nicely. There is also Pepe Jeans that you can get, deffo not as good quality but good fit, think they do Pepe in Uniform clothing (on the back of the shopping centre, right after the alley)

Levis actually do some cool jeans but they dont ship the right models to Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Fiddlesnap

swe_fi wrote: »
    Fiddlesnap>>> I don't know what your price range / desired fit /build is but try Henleys (across from the shopping centre, don't really like them but they sell what i need). Replay jeans. They cost about €120-150 but they are worth it, last you ages and fit really nicely. There is also Pepe Jeans that you can get, deffo not as good quality but good fit, think they do Pepe in Uniform clothing (on the back of the shopping centre, right after the alley)

Levis actually do some cool jeans but they dont ship the right models to Galway.

Not bothered about price if I get the right pair. Bought a disaster pair in TK MAxx with an embarrassing amount of extra material allocated to the crotch area. I guess my taste would be kind of retro. Totally agree with the Levis statement. Make great jeans but we get none :(

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭swe_fi

On Replay again (no I don't work for them, just really like quality stuff - it's rare so it should be recommended)

I have these (Waitom) on my 3rd pair i think

http://www.asos.com/countryid/2/Replay/Replay-Waitom-Straight-Jeans/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=963215

And these (Jennon) - on my 2nd pair

http://www.asos.com/countryid/2/Replay/Replay-Jennon-Slim-Jeans/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=963226

I THINK they have both these models in Henleys, i was in there like 3 weeks ago. Might have them in BT as well.

Without offending anyone (shop, city, country) I have to say Galway is shi* for fashion if you are a man, and expensive, but lets keep the focus on solutions rather than problem, it is a sunny day in Galway after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

dacent

and i'm out

• Advertisement

Hanley's is the best bet for jeans if your willing to pay probably 120 euro +, which if you want an decent pair you have to do imo (outside sales anyway). I find there is usually a nice style in the Diesel or Boss jeans. I vote for Diesel anyway I think they make very nice jeans with a good fit, although you will probably have to try a few different styles to find the right one.

They had some nice Hilfiger jeans in there as well after xmas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

BT stock Gant, I'd recommend their "Rory" fit, lose and low, really comfy.

shop in athlone has them on sale at the min, 49 spuds (reduced from 120!) going to pick up a few pairs tomorrow, I have a few pairs of Gant and they are easily the comfiest jeans I've ever owned.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

in mid twenties and find Geraghtys usually a good spot,try buying a pair in 3 or 4 shops and you'll get the right mix if your not sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Fiddlesnap wrote: »
    c. Dont give you a crotch that makes you look like you are smuggling some puppies in your jocks...

TYIA

Just noticed this, you DON'T want girls to think you are hung??!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

To be honest you're better off heading to New York for a weekend each year and buying 5 pairs of jeans. I picked up 3 pairs of Diesel and 2 pairs of G-Star for $100 in Century 21 and Flights were only 300 euro return.

5 pairs of good jeans here would be 500 Euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭DannyKing

300 euro for return flights to New York? Where the hell did you get those?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭boardswalker

Did OP mean "Dacent Janes"?
    Bit suspicious to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

if your in county galway...or have wheels try Michael Wards in Ballinasloe.

Was in there today and he has some nice deals on top brand jeans, i.e a rack of ben sherman cord jeans for 35eura not bad compared to the city prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

To be honest you're better off heading to New York for a weekend each year and buying 5 pairs of jeans. I picked up 3 pairs of Diesel and 2 pairs of G-Star for $100 in Century 21 and Flights were only 300 euro return.

5 pairs of good jeans here would be 500 Euro.

From my own personal experience i think that's way off. Even if you do get your flights that cheap then lob your money on accommodation,food and pissing about you've spent as much if not more than here.Then you'll hear people say "sure its a holiday too", ya lovely a shopping holiday .....:confused:

Anyhoo ... put aside the money aspect for a bit, from what i saw available in these spots like woodberry common, century 21 etc they sell mediocre gear. Its like the january sales here or TK Maxx, nothing but odd bits on the shelves or stock items in 90 colors , stuff that just didn't sell elsewhere.But sure the irish love that, heading over for a weekend buying a BRAND NAME PRODUCT that so much CHAEPER , lovely a salmon pink jumper for himself... "but sure tis ralff lauhren hand tis 90 heouro intewn"

Mmm funny thing is that stuff that i bought in the states from official and discount stores had pretty much the same quality, which was very poor compared to european stock in fit(not sizes),color and fabric. Don't bother your arse heading over there for jeans, there are plenty of decent places here in town. You really need to try on jeans for a good fit and that could mean a pair in dunnes better fitting than a pair in brown thomas so shop around. Wash em inside out at a low temp and you'll be grand for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Brown Thomas or Born is the best bet for good jeans I think. Also +1 for the place beside Fallers Jewellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

padi89 wrote: »
    From my own personal experience i think that's way off. Even if you do get your flights that cheap then lob your money on accommodation,food and pissing about you've spent as much if not more than here.Then you'll hear people say "sure its a holiday too", ya lovely a shopping holiday .....:confused:

Anyhoo ... put aside the money aspect for a bit, from what i saw available in these spots like woodberry common, century 21 etc they sell mediocre gear. Its like the january sales here or TK Maxx, nothing but odd bits on the shelves or stock items in 90 colors , stuff that just didn't sell elsewhere.But sure the irish love that, heading over for a weekend buying a BRAND NAME PRODUCT that so much CHAEPER , lovely a salmon pink jumper for himself... "but sure tis ralff lauhren hand tis 90 heouro intewn"

Mmm funny thing is that stuff that i bought in the states from official and discount stores had pretty much the same quality, which was very poor compared to european stock in fit(not sizes),color and fabric. Don't bother your arse heading over there for jeans, there are plenty of decent places here in town. You really need to try on jeans for a good fit and that could mean a pair in dunnes better fitting than a pair in brown thomas so shop around. Wash em inside out at a low temp and you'll be grand for a few years.

I'll agree with you that the majority of the stuff in Century 21 was 'pants' lol but for Jeans it's brilliant. If you want any shirts/tops then Macys all the way.

As for the flights. we got a great deal on them through ebookers with our hotel for 600 for the week. And provided you're not interested in eating fancy and drinking every night you can easily get by on 10 euro a day food.
    And as a male shopping for me in New York consists of a 2 hour trip to Macys, 2 hours in Century 21 then the rest of the week on holiday. Mind you I didn't see the women all week (so a double holiday really haha)
    I went out with one bag half full ..came home with it full
    The girls came out with 1 full bag and came home with 3 huge suitcases full each lol.

Advertisement